Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford 6000 cd-player wiring prob...

Options
  • 12-11-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just recently installed a new Ford 6000 CD player in my car. I also have a car kit for my phone , and this worked perfectly with my old cassette player. The player would mute when the phone rang. On taking out the old system, one wire came out of one of the connectors at the back. I put into the new system and the only thing that doesn't work is the phone muting. I'm assuming this is because of the loose wire , but I don't know where it goes.
    I've got a bit of searching on the Web , but no luck.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The wire you are probably talking about is yellow and it comes from the phone kit itself.
    Ford does not have a wire in the original block connectors for muting the radio.
    One of the empty pins on the block is for muting.
    If you have a test lamp (a five in a motorfactors), earth it and with the needle start pocking into those little holes until the radio says phone.

As far as I remember is the second pin down on the main power block.

PS: don't do it if you don't have a test lamp.

Advertisement