Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap Exhausts

Options
  • 12-11-2004 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for coments please as too what to do next.

I had to get my back box on the exhaust replaced at a place today (they replace them very quickly !! )

Anyway the new box still sounded loud, although it was fixed it was louder than the old box on the car (before it was damaged).loud enough that I noticed it straight away.

Anyway , I'm thinking that they replaced the box with a cheapo muffler that just isn't as good as the factory installed one, would this be correct ??

Anyway , what should I do next , should I ask them for a better one or have I been done ?????

nice one ,

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Go straight back and request that they find and fix the source of the noise. Even a 'cheapo' silencer would reduce the noise drastically. They have neglected to seal it properly, or fitted a dud, or left it so it vibrates on the transmission tunnel - something. Bring it back and bring the receipt, don't leave until you are happy.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

is this big bore muffler or looks like standard back box?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

standard back box, looks exactly like the old one.

thanks for all the replies ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm tempted to say you get what you pay for! Sounds like a bodge alright. Sadly if its a bog-standard aftermarket jobbie it'll proberly need replacing
    again in two years. Thin steel.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

thanks for the replies,

Went back up to them today and as soon as the manager seen I was complaining he asked to have a look at the exhaust again, (there was a room full of customers)
    Replaced the crap spurios box they had given me with a shiny new silenced box , no extra mmoney either. better result than expected :) , and then brought me back in to the customer room for a signature on some piece of paper , so obviously he was trying to make it look good for everyone there , and I got what I wanted .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Result! :)

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

One exhaust job I had done, they didn't seal up the spare hole for the lamda sensor so it was puffing away didn't realise because it was quieter than before, brought it back and they sorted it, but it's just the hassle..

Advertisement