Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When has Poker got you by the balls?

Options
  • 12-11-2004 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Thinking of a hand from last Friday in a traffic jam on the way to work today. Thought - "That's it. Got the bug."

When has Poker got you by the balls? 17 votes

Waking up screaming "All-in"
    0% 0 votes
    Sharon in the Fitz finally remembers your surname
    29% 5 votes
    Buying dodgy WSOP DVD's on EBay
    52% 9 votes
    Having 16 online accounts
    17% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

You mean Sharon remembers your first name? When she comes to "know" mine she'll be calling me Dirk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well I recently had a conversation with my wife where I was trying to describe a hand that I played in the club - no not your A3h Dev ;) - well after about 2-3 sentences she had to stop me as she had no idea of any of the terminology I was using. Might as well have been talking Greek.

Something like

Wife: So how did you get on last night (it's never that night as I come home so bloody late!)
    Me: Not too bad, came 5th
    Wife: Ah - how did you go out.
    Me: Well I had Ace King suited in the hole and made a reasonable raise to 3 limpers and the big blind. I hit a set on the flop, check-raised a guy who eventually went all-in. He had top pair crap kicker but he had a possible straight draw. Then bang - he runner-runnered a straight on the river and my big slick set didn't hold up.
    Wife: zzzzzz

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

That all seems very straight forward Chris. Which part did she have trouble with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I hit a set on the flop, check-raised a guy who eventually went all-in. He had top pair crap kicker but he had a possible straight draw. Then bang - he runner-runnered a straight on the river and my big slick set didn't hold up.

wanna be careful she doesn't think your having an affair....kinda sounds like some sort of jive-talkin' orgy.....with a disappointing ending i might add....

i started spotting poker hands in car number plates after a massive session. quite scary. noticing trips and straight draws all over place. when i finally get a car ill be buying it in Kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Hyzepher wrote:
    Well I recently had a conversation with my wife where I was trying to describe a hand that I played in the club - no not your A3h Dev ;) - well after about 2-3 sentences she had to stop me as she had no idea of any of the terminology I was using. Might as well have been talking Greek.

Something like

Wife: So how did you get on last night (it's never that night as I come home so bloody late!)
    Me: Not too bad, came 5th
    Wife: Ah - how did you go out.
    Me: Well I had Ace King suited in the hole and made a reasonable raise to 3 limpers and the big blind. I hit a set on the flop, check-raised a guy who eventually went all-in. He had top pair crap kicker but he had a possible straight draw. Then bang - he runner-runnered a straight on the river and my big slick set didn't hold up.
    Wife: zzzzzz

Hyzepher

Sounds like the start of a scene from Rounders. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

karlh wrote:
    i started spotting poker hands in car number plates after a massive session. quite scary. noticing trips and straight draws all over place. when i finally get a car ill be buying it in Kilkenny!

Do you no that you shoul be lloking at the road and not poker hands on number plates...!!! :D You my friend are well Hooked.

The funny thing is, now you will have me looking out for the same... :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont have to zap in at the door any more. Thats disturbing :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

I leave work and go for a bus but then I suddenly find myself standing in an internet cafe not knowing why I'm there...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DeVore wrote:
    I dont have to zap in at the door any more. Thats disturbing :)

DeV.

Do you find yourself zaping at your home door with a few drinks...?

Advertisement