Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio...WTF *again*

Options
  • 12-11-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

So, there I was...working on my code...

Fix this....implement that....do a compile....test...

Hmmm....forgot to set anchors on a couple of controls....better go do that...

WTF??????

Visual Studio has taken it upon itself to mark half of my forms as being of type "Code" instead of type "Form"....so I have no Designer. I wonder why...

/me checks the files against the CVS copy. Identical.....

So why were they remarked?

/me closes Visual Studio, opens the project's .csproj file, edits the SubType for each of these wrongly-marked items from Code back to Form. Back into Visual Studio.....and they work fine.

So again I ask...why were they remarked???

If I didn't know better, I'd swear this app (Visual Studio) gets more and more unstable as time goes by....maybe its a new marketing technique to try and convince me to buy 2005 the day it comes out to get the flock away from this POS.....

...and you know what....it just might.

jc

p.s. Apologies to the mods: I know this isn't strictly a programming issue...but at least I included how to fix the problem should anyone else get hit by it.

Advertisement