Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - new installs. Modem glitch?

• 12-11-2004 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Me and a mate are getting broadband installed. Earlier on I missed a call from 2450000 which I suspected was NTL. However, mate just got a call saying that there's a 'glitch' with the modem they're using at the moment and they won't be able to do the install until next week. Sounded a bit lame to me. Maybe rep didn't have all the details but we couldn't understand that there'd be a modem glitch and it sounds like they might be fobbing us off.

Anybody get one of these calls?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Bunch of arse.

Rang up myself and there's some problem alright. Had to re-arrange an install date after me taking the afternoon off work. Just as well I suppose since Elara's ordering/stock level is fubar'ed so there's no immediate panic on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

put an order in today myself for it they said it was gonna be monday week before they can get to me they said all the modem have been "recalled" apart from that there were cool.

Im getting the 1.5mb connections for free for the first 3 months and once thats up they said you can go back to the cheaper rates no hassle. it was definetlly worth waiting for though i was thinking of getting ripware but reading some of the post on here it seems like a nightmare.

Advertisement