Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to deal with Eircom regarding this

Options
  • 12-11-2004 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

OK, quick summary...

Moved into a new flat.
    Phone line already installed.
    Rang up Eircom to activate the line. They said they will send an engineer out to do it (they couldn't do it electronically for some reason.)

This was over 2 months ago.

Phone line is still not turned on. I have rang eircom a few dozen times, have spoken to a few supervisors - I'm always fobbed off.

Apparently my line has been assigned to the Engineers to work on... this was 6 weeks ago... no one can help me/do anything.

How can I get these retards to do something?

Oh, and I';m being sent threatening letters because I haven't paid my bill! (I have no service and yet they are already billing me.)

Please please... does anyone know what I can do to sort this out? any numbers/people to talk to etc etc. I'm going mad...

It's like a weird practical joke...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

NZAI wrote:
    OK, quick summary...

Moved into a new flat.
    Phone line already installed.
    Rang up Eircom to activate the line. They said they will send an engineer out to do it (they couldn't do it electronically for some reason.)

This was over 2 months ago.

Phone line is still not turned on. I have rang eircom a few dozen times, have spoken to a few supervisors - I'm always fobbed off.

Apparently my line has been assigned to the Engineers to work on... this was 6 weeks ago... no one can help me/do anything.

How can I get these retards to do something?

Oh, and I';m being sent threatening letters because I haven't paid my bill! (I have no service and yet they are already billing me.)

Please please... does anyone know what I can do to sort this out? any numbers/people to talk to etc etc. I'm going mad...

It's like a weird practical joke...

Write to the company secretary of Eircom at their registered office address. Complain vigourously and threaten to involve your local TD.

Have you paid any money yet?

I had a similar problem, pm me for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NZAI

Thank you for your advice.

I am very interested in how you dealt with your similar issue.

PM sent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pura_bliss

ring eircom and file an official complaint with their complaints department, make sure that you have a few names of supervisors that you have talked to, then ring them every half hour till you have achieved some satisfaction, meanwhile file a complaint with comreg about the delay in providing the service, then ring eircoms sales department, make up a spoof company name and ask for a sales rep to call around to your premises to talk about installing a couple of secure ISDN lines and a broadband connection or two, if you persist with this they will send an engineer to do a site survey, make sure to tell the rep you are also talking to other telecom companies, generally be as much of a pain in the arse for the customer service department through repeated phone calls etc, heres a tip on getting past the hold music, ring broadband sales first then say 'oh sorry wrong number could you transfer me to customer service', these are just some tactics I have used in the past to deal with the beast.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NZAI

OK I've filled a complaint with Eircom.

More great news: my eastbt broadband trial which I signed up for 6 weeks ago - esatbt have no record of this.

I ****ing hate call centres. All the staff seem to be completly retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

I wasn't having any joy with the no longer national pride so instead of telephoning them to determine where my line was so I took a trip to their office on stephens green and started an argument with the receptionist who eventually capitulated and put me through to their complaints department. Speakerphone in their plush corporate HQ did the trick. "What do you mean you can't get in touch with the local engineer? Are you a communications company at all?"

When in doubt resort to riduling the company in front of corporate clients. If executive types start averting their eyes its working!

Phone arrived the next day after a 4 month delay

Darragh

• Advertisement
Advertisement