Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SF authors?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OmegaDude

Can i just say Greg Egan. Australian Guy, has 3 novels and a collection of short stories, should be on sale in hodges and figgis in Dublin.

This guy can just make your head hurt lots and lots!!!!espically if you have an understanding of basic science cos then it just scares ya.

At least thats my 2 cents.

in short Quarantine by Greg Egan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I would suggest you pick up Analogue SF magazine, out of about 10 hort SF stories there are a few really good ones usually each issue.

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Relatively recent new authors I've read in the SciFi Genre which were okay
    Feintuch, D - Midshipman series
    Hamilton, P - Reality Dysfunction series
    Modesitt, L - Number of novels

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Manach:
    SciFi Genre which were okay
    Hamilton, P - Reality Dysfunction series
    </font>

Hmm, read all 3600 pages, did you think it was only "ok"? I quite enjoyed it tbh, best opera type in a long time smile.gif

Al.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It might be a tad better than ok smile.gif.

BTW I manage to obtain that book, you recommended, Relevation Space and just started reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Manach:
    It might be a tad better than ok smile.gif.

BTW I manage to obtain that book, you recommended, Relevation Space and just started reading it.
    </font>

It's cool, just don't be put off by the hard-to-track "what year are we in now" flashbacks.

Glad you thought more of Reality Dys smile.gif

Al.

Advertisement