Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Nightclubs are like Nazi Camps

• 12-11-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else notice how crap Dublin City is? I have been staying local for the last few weeks because I allways feel like **** after a night in town.
    1)You go for a drink and get over charged by a bartender that tries his best to ignore you
    2) The pub is full of clones, loads of 2d people who are sizing eachother up waiting for someone to falter so they can laugh at them
    3)You go to a nightclub which is empty but you still have to que for and get the 3rd degree by a bouncer who on a normal night wouldnt get into a club anyway because he looks like a scumbag.
    4) You then pay €10 to have the pleasure of paying €5 for a crap pint, no space to stand or sit and the bartender tries to ignore you.
    5) you order your last beer at 2:25am and then get shoved out the door by some nazi bouncer 5 mins later. The only thing missing to make this a Nizi camp is the stripy uniform. Dissagree with a bouncer and your garenteed to have your head beaten in, to make an "example" for the other prisoners.

Man I hate town now, stay local and bleed the publicans dry till they make some reforms. People dont earn enough anymore to spend €100 on a night out, where you will be treated like **** by the staff of the establishment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Where the feck do you go in town ? Ive never had a night like that and I go into town at least once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tusky wrote:
    Where the feck do you go in town ?

Stalag Luft D24?

Mike.

ps this thread wins the Boards Topic Line Over-statement of the Year award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

hello mr.pessamistic!,if you truely feel like that then stay home imho

isnt the point of going out to spend time with friends and meet <get with> new people, we all know the price of pints etc and i dunno how often you get the 3rd degree from a bouncer but im only 19 and cant remember getting any major hassle for the last 2 years

good point about the locals though,especially with many locals getting in beers like fosters etc for around the 3 euro mark for when money is tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

where did u find a club in dublin thats only 10e in ? i haven't been in a club that cheap in Dublin for a long while.
    As for the price of drink I was in a small local pub about 15min from my place, so about 45min from the city center heres what I ordered at the bar:
    3 ping bottles of bulmers
    2 7-up's
    1 vodka and black
    1 vodka and ginger ale
    1 bottle of heinikin
    1 southern comfort and red

Total price 27 euro

mind u the place was empty on a saturday night, but needless to say that at that price we got hammered for a lot less
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

hate to be in your shoes!!

havent had that bad an experience lately, have moments and there are always places that will be hastle, maybe try out diff places, havea few cans before you go out etc

E.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Muineach wrote:
    where did u find a club in dublin thats only 10e in ? i haven't been in a club that cheap in Dublin for a long while.
    As for the price of drink I was in a small local pub about 15min from my place, so about 45min from the city center heres what I ordered at the bar:
    3 ping bottles of bulmers
    2 7-up's
    1 vodka and black
    1 vodka and ginger ale
    1 bottle of heinikin
    1 southern comfort and red

Total price 27 euro

mind u the place was empty on a saturday night, but needless to say that at that price we got hammered for a lot less
    :o
    thats not bad price wise!!! what was the place like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think the millions of people who suffered at the hands of the Nazis might object to your likening their suffering to someone going to a nightclub and are unable to get served quite as quickly as they like...

New AH rule: keep the Nazis and Hitler comparisions out of threads on this board, unless they are actually *about* Nazis and Hitler.

See Godwins Law for more info.

Feel free to start the thread again, minus the Nazi comparision.

You may complain about this heavy-handed moderation here.

Regards,
    Al.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement