Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Self rips Richard Littlejohn a new one...

Options
  • 16-06-2001 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1390000/1390395.stm

This is one of the single best radio debates I've ever come across; Will Self (who is a fantastic novelist) absolutely takes Richard Littlejohn (who is a turd) apart, and shows him up for everything he is while still remaining very, very funny.

Great stuff, and well worth a read. The Tolstoy comments later on had me in tears laughing smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Will Self is the most overrated idea-free writer I've ever read. He's bogged down in his upper-middle class Oxbridge-educated sub-Ballardian worldview, which unless you think Martin Amis is a good writer means nothing.

Littlejohn (who I suspect is a repressed homo judging by the way he keeps banging on about gays in the Sun) is just trying to do a right wing version of what Steven Wells and Tommy Udo have been doing for Attack! Books, except he's not funny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

To uphold the honour of right-wing humourists try P. J. O'Rourke smile.gif

"Drugs have taught an entire generation the metric system"

" Economics is an entire scientific discipline of not knowing what you're
    talking about. "

"Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it."

"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs."

Advertisement