Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable/stud detector

Options
  • 12-11-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Do these devices pick up TV cable or just 'leccy cable? During our soundproof install the dumbass covered up the cable point in the front room (we have Sky) but I need to access it now and can't seem to locate the original point. I'm hoping that a detector might be able to help me out instead of making multiple probe-holes in the wall (4 and counting).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

They should pick it up, just tried ours there and it was one out of LIDL and it picked it up.

Ask around and borrow one maybe? I think their cheap enough though in a normal DIY store.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Thanks Farls.

I saw the Lidl one advertised last week I think. Argos do one for €20 but I'll ask around first.

Advertisement