Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights EL games (scores)

• 12-11-2004 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Rovers 3 - 1 Pats (81 mins)
    Bohs 2 - 0 CHF (HT)
    Drogs 1 - 2 Cork (HT)
    Shels 2 - 1 Waterford 1 (HT)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Drogs 1 - 3 City
    Shels 2- 1 waaherfurh

Come On Waterford. Looks like itll all be decided on the last day of the season.

So, COME ON SPA as well!

drogs 1 - 3 City. FT

Its down to the last day of the season. Will Shels throw it all away? Come on Pats, beat Shels. We'll do our part of the bargain by beating De Boez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

gimmick wrote:
    drogs 1 - 3 City. FT

Its down to the last day of the season. Will Shels throw it all away? Come on Pats, beat Shels. We'll do our part of the bargain by beating De Boez.
    one point away, biy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

looks like its all down to the last match. Come on Shels !! It would be such a shame if they lost, they only need a draw !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Jesus, it'd make Pats season if they stopped us winning the league :D

We only need a draw though, but we can't possibley win the league on goal difference now so basically Shels need to match or better Corks result against Bohs to win the league...In Richmond Park... :)

Should be a cracking last day really, I can only presume one of the games will be on RTE?

• Advertisement

SPA Vs Shels is live on RTE 2 @ 19.30 friday.

Funny, the last time City went to the last day, we needed SPA to lose in order to bring the title home, now we need the to win.

Come on Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

P    W  D L  F A        HOME          AWAY       PT GD
    Shels 35 | 19-10-6 57-37 | 10-6-2 27-14 | 9-4-4 30-23 | 67 20
    Cork  35 | 18-10-7 51-31 |  9-4-4 24-15 | 9-6-3 27-16 | 64 20
    Bohs  35 | 15-14-6 50-29 |  6-8-4 30-22 | 9-6-2 20-7  | 59 21

Just wondering, does 'games played vs' come into account if Cork and Shels finish on pts? Shels won 2 and drew 2 against Cork so they'd come out on top if both teams finished on 67 pts?

//

As regards next Saturdays games ...

SPA have lost 3 for 3 against shels this season so it isn't looking good for a home win :(. Fingers x-d tho!

Bohs have 2 wins and 1 loss against Cork tho significantly Bohs won the first game in Turners Cross and the last 2 in a row so I still believe that could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We were lucky it was only 3-1, Rovers were good , would piss me off if i was a Rovers fan seeing them play like that with 2 games to go after a 14 match no wins streak or somfin.
    Good game we played okish for 2nd last game of season with nothing to play for but Rovers were fairly good. Odd tho hearing about 2500 people "singing your a wanker" in The Rods direction and not being sure if its Rovers or Pats fans.

Even better hearing Pats fan sing "your gonna win **** all" in Shels direction :)

kdjac

Pigman II wrote:
    Just wondering, does 'games played vs' come into account if Cork and Shels finish on pts? Shels won 2 and drew 2 against Cork so they'd come out on top if both teams finished on 67 pts?

No, as, if that were the case, Shels would be champions last night night. I think your table was wrong Pigman, as City have a slightly better GD than Shels.

Basically if Shels lose, and City win, the title is coming to Cork on goal difference. SWEET!

gimmick wrote:
    I think your table was wrong Pigman, as City have a slightly better GD than Shels.

Nope, it's right according to ....

Irish Times http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2004/standings.htm

FAI http://www.fai.ie/leaguetable.asp?cpid=101 (do the maths)

RTE http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/eircompremtable.html (do the maths)

:p Now be away with ya ya goal-sneaking ruffian! ;)

Your point about Cork winning on GD is still valid tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    as City have a slightly better GD than Shels.
    No, the GD is the same, Shels have scored and conceded more than CVFC, but equal nonetheless.
    gimmick wrote:
    Basically if Shels lose, and City win, the title is coming to Cork on goal difference. SWEET!
    That's right. But what the odds?

All Shels need is a draw, and they will have the league won.

It's going to be a long week in the lead up to this.

It's my birthday on Friday, and I know what I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:

It's my birthday on Friday, and I know what I want!

"its my party and i cry if i want too cry if i want too"

:)

kdjac

gimmick wrote:
    No, as, if that were the case, Shels would be champions last night night. I think your table was wrong Pigman, as City have a slightly better GD than Shels.

Nah they don't, but, if Cork win and Shels lose then the goal difference will change in Corks favour, as Shels will have to lose at least one goal and Cork will have to gain at least one goal, so if it goes down to GD Cork will be champions no matter what, and that would mean them beating Bohs and Shels loseing to Pats.

Oh how sweet would it be if Shels scored with the last kick of the game to draw the match and won the league in Richer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Slash/ED wrote:

Oh how sweet would it be if Shels scored with the last kick of the game to draw the match and won the league in Richer...

Surely it would be all sweeter to WIN the match with the last kick of the ball and still win the league ;)

KevIRL wrote:
    Surely it would be all sweeter to WIN the match with the last kick of the ball and still win the league ;)

Yeah but if we're drawing in the last minute we wouldn't need the goal, it's all about the drama...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pigman II wrote:
    SPA have lost 3 for 3 against shels this season so it isn't looking good for a home win :(. Fingers x-d tho!
    You're hoping for Boh's to be beaten I assume? Some supporter you are. ;)

eirebhoy wrote:
    You're hoping for Boh's to be beaten I assume? Some supporter you are. ;)

Bohs can't finish higher than 3rd even if they win next Saturday. Like I said earlier I will expect us to make a good account for ourselves at Turners Cross but if it happens Cork beat us 1-0 and SPA score beat Shels 1-0 (Robbie Doyle goal in the 91st minute perhaps for extra chuckles) ..... well I won't exactly be crying ;).

Advertisement