Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strangest poker problem ever....

Options
  • 13-11-2004 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Well i had the strangest converstation with my wife tonight. it really boggled the mind.
    i'm a semi reasonable player, but as i mentioned in another post i've been playing a bit of a rush this month.
    i to 2.2k off prima last week, won two tourneys in the merrion 1k, and had a couple hundred in cash games.... so i'm a happy punter.

whenever i win i give my wife the lions share of the profit, i keep just enough to cover the next couple of rebuys.

she sat me down last night saying she was concerned with my gambling. she thought i was winning too much. she said that she was afraid i might start upping the limits and get out of my depth.

this could not be further from my mind... in poker you find the game u can beat and you stay there until you are dragged away.

The upshot of our little conversation is that i'm rationed. i have had to give up online play altogether, and i'm only allowed into town once a month for tourneys.

jesus i'm so whipped its unreal. i wouldn't mind if i was losing, but i mean lets be reasonable......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yep, you are fairly whipped. I do understand where she is coming from, she thinks now that you've had a taste of success you are going to get in over your head, go crazy and then start chasing what you have lost.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

deeferdog wrote:
    ...i'm rationed. i have had to give up online play altogether, and i'm only allowed into town once a month for tourneys.

jesus i'm so whipped its unreal. i wouldn't mind if i was losing, but i mean lets be reasonable......

Are you a man or a mouse?
    Take your trousers and your balls back from your wife, and get out and play some poker whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Stop giving her money. It's the downfall of many men, even more than gambling is!
    You could also suggest that she should give up shopping (or something she likes or does a lot), although be prepared for the semi-bluff raise or even divorce with this suggestion! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Samson wrote:
    Are you a man or a mouse?
    Take your trousers and your balls back from your wife, and get out and play some poker whenever you want.

What he said. Also, why in the hell are you giving her your winnings? This isn't the bloody 1950s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Grand, I'll ring the lads and go out on the rip so, get plastered drunk, spend €200, fall in around 4ish, pass out across the bed, have an argument in the morning because I've a sore head, call in sick to work because I can't face it and lose a days wages on top of it all...

Hmmmm, how about this side of the coin,

Ill go to fitz on my own, spend 100 - 150 yos, and win nothing, stroll in at 3 or 4 in the morning, fall into bed in a pisser of a mood, have an argument the next day because i lost so much money, go to work and not be able to concentrate because all i can think about is how i SHOULD have played that pocket pair :D

theres 2 sides to everything lads unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

All of a sudden I am much happier with single life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

In general though girlfriends and poker is hassle the annoyance is more than balanced out by the presence of hot sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Usually with a win of 500, that becomes a win of 300 as far as she is concerned and gets a small chunk of that. Trick is dont tell her all your wins and avoid such grief as above

Advertisement