Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jesus, Allah and Superman

• 13-11-2004 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Who do you think would win in a scrap?

Jesus had those twelve lads following him around to back him up, whereas Allah has guys in jumbo jets but unless Jesus is in a skyscraper they aren't much use.

Superman can fly all over the place but the others are omnipresent which is even better. Frankly I don't think Superman would stand a chance against the other two.

It's a tough call. I'm going to go with Jesus because even if Allah did take him out, Jesus would just resurrect immediately. That's a major advantage in any fight to the death!

Who would win in a scrap? 66 votes

Jesus
    0% 0 votes
    Allah
    36% 24 votes
    Superman
    24% 16 votes
    DeVore
    39% 26 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You're going to Hell Agent Orange for that skyscraper comment...

Also Allah is, in the Islamic belief system, the one true name of God whereas Jesus is the son of God and came as a mortal man so I think I'd know who'd win..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Goku at Super Sayain 3 level would beat them all easily...

but if by Superman you mean Nietzeche's ubermenchen.. well.. in that case.. God is dead and superman wins by default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say Allah. Superman is son of some dude, and so if Jesus, but Allah is d dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

but Jesus comes back to life after death :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Atari Jaguar

Because the otehr three are figments of your ***king imagination!
    To paraphrase Chasing Amy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Jesus would win, he has the father and holy ghost to kick supermans and allah's ass, not that superman could do much from a wheelchair.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Also Allah is, in the Islamic belief system, the one true name of God whereas Jesus is the son of God

Allah is berived from the Pheonician god Baal which was used as the basis for Satan in Christianity and Judaism. Baal had horns, the symbol of Islam is a crescent moon resembling a pair of horns.

http://www.balaams-ass.com/alhaj/baal.htm

(maybe this is why it is a grave sin in Islam to make any image of Allah)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

this would make a great celebrity deathmatch!!!`

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

not that superman could do much from a wheelchair.....

...errm... a coffin :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im sure superman will help out jebus been pals in heaven and all that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Nuttzz wrote:
    not that superman could do much from a wheelchair.....

And Allah would probably beat James Caviezel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

jesus coming last! bit of a surprise. (although i voted superman!)

i reckon throw batman in there - spice it up a little....

maybe tag team: superheroes (batman/superman) vs religious heroes (jesus/allah) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Seeing as it Diwali I reckon Kalkin should have a look in here... (despite the no show to date...)

I voted for superman in his absence (could be hers - not sure here :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

has to be jesus, the man got the **** kicked out of him for days, carried a cross all the way up a mountain, got nails through his hands and feet, and still took days to die, and to top it all off came back to life.
    Superman is an alien, he mite have superpowers, but nothing compared to hard-ass jesus. plus that wheelchair/coffin mite restrain him a bit.
    Allah i dont know too much about, but he must be a pussy if muhammod was the only guy who knew him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Go-go gadget Jesus!

Although, I'd like to see Predator thrown into the mix....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Well first of all Jesus wouldn't start a fight to save his life - turns the other cheek and all that.
    And Allah is the same as God, Jesus's Father.
    Or is that the same as the Holy Trinity - The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit?
    Anyway, I can't see any of the guys starting any fight, so it has to be Superman. He'd win for sure except he'd never take on God, Allah and Jesus.

It would be a different story if Batman and Spiderman were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jesus is wonderful

praise the lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'd like to see a jedi get a mention here.

Jesus may be the son of the dude, but is he not part of a3 part series with his daddy and some bird?

Don't know enough about Allahs superhero abilities to comment on him so I'll have to go with Jebus, purely because theres no green rock in the known universe that can make God tremble....superman you pussy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

DeVore, because the other 3 are no more than fairytales.

How am I the only one to vote this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dre with an AK; he'd pop a cap in all their collective asses to quick for Superman to shield jebus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Sleepy wrote:
    DeVore, because the other 3 are no more than fairytales.

How am I the only one to vote this way?

Eh, do you realise what you've just said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yes, that Jesus Allah and Superman are all completely fictional stories that shouldn't even be believed by the smallest of children.

And at the time I voted in the poll, I was the only one who had voted for DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

and then jesus turned the water into Kryptonite
    its down to

Jesus versus Allah.
    whoever wins DeVore loses

I can see the movie now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

It's a tough call. I'm going to go with Jesus because even if Allah did take him out, Jesus would just resurrect immediately. That's a major advantage in any fight to the death!

If you've ever played nethack you'd know that trolls, like jesus come back to life unless you eat them! So if suggested earlier both jesus and allah being all powerful can turn water into Kryptonite, either one could take superman out. Now we're left with just Jesus and Allah, if Allah kills Jesus it takes him three days to rise again, ample time for allah to eat his corpse though being a spiritual being he will have to get some people to do it. But this then raises another question! having eaten the body of christ they will then live forever and allah won't be able to kill them, thus, assuming devore eats Jesus' body it will be a tie between devore and allah!

maybe i've too much time to think about these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I voted for DeVore but only cos he could 12-click the other three and win by default.... he's more powerful than Jesus right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

'Course he could be Kalkin the 10th incarnation of Vishnu "The destroyer of evil" and just hasn't revealed this yet!

This is starting to fit! And this is Diwalli :eek:

Advertisement