Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

\o/ Game crippling bug woho !

• 13-11-2004 6:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

My game has just started to CTD every time i press continue just after a match with arsenal. I have tried resaving the game right after the match under a new save game name but no joy it still crashs.Tbh this is awful 21 hours of game play down the jacks seems quite a lot of people are getting this problem on the si forums as well :( .

Its like CM4 all over again with a few minor annoying bugs and now one massive game crippling bug something I never encountered in a CM game before anyone else in boards land encountered this bug yet?.

Pc details

Amd 2600xp
    512meg of ram
    ati 9800 pro
    80 gig 8mb 7200rpm hard drive
    Windows xp service pack 2
    Norton anti virus and internet security 2004.

Game details

Large database.
    England (all leagues) Republic of Ireland (all leagues) Spain (2 leagues) Scotland (2 leagues) …I think that’s it
    21 hours played :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

sounds like the same old CM bug

dont say I didnt wary ye....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2027996&postcount=11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

This sort of shít is why I won't be buying a copy until after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ya same thing on mine. Got to November 2005 and then keeps crashing to desktop. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

hmmm., 4th of november, will w8 and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was looking at the Dugouts download section and they have a fix for a bug. I don't know if its the bug you're getting but everyone should download it all the same.
    http://www.thedugout.net/download.php?cmv=11&cat=2#

I think that fixes bugs in MCM rather than in FM2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i have no idea what that file is about tbh eireboy....anyways it seems we will be waiting a while for a patch and until it comes out my game is nothing but a 30 euro paperweight

So once again si games bends me over and rapes my arse cm4 fm2005 si games is getting something of a track record going here

am so pissed off. After limping past November 2005 the game crashes back to desktop on the 1st of January 2006. Shoddy goods, shoddy goods. Boo to SI

Patch will be out "when its out" si games have really let us down tbh and their forums are full of ****ing fanboys "theres nothing wrong with the game" WELL THATS NEWS TO ME! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

My game is running SOOOO smooth and im into my second season with fulham!!! Not a game crashing bug in sight!!! Boo yeah!! :)
    Although a bug that really annoys me is players wanting clarifiacation on their futures and when you for example say they are a key member of the squad they still want clarification and are stiil pissed with you!!!

There was a chat tonight with Miles Jacobson from SI games on ESPN

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=6466#bottom

I posted this questio nand here's the response. Not very helpful so far

Kevin, , Waterford Ireland: Hi Miles. I am one of the victims of the crash to desktop (CTD) bug. My game will not move on past 1 Jan 2006. I have seen this on the Sigmaes forums very often. The game simply disappears to the desktop and its very frustrating. I have played CM since CM2 and this is the first major bug I have ever come accross. Will this be fixed in upcoming patches?

Miles: (1:58 PM ET ) Kevin - it's only affecting a VERY small amount of users. We need your help fixing it, as we've not ever seen it inhouse, so, if you haven't already posted about it on the forums, please do so.

lol

Ian, Ballymena, Northern Ireland: Will religion ever be listed among player attributes? I want to have a protestant-only Rangers team and in the present format it leaves me guessing. Many people here would really appreciate it if that was changed. God Save The Queen.

Miles: (5:00 PM ET ) No, it won't. We don't believe in segregation of race or religion at SI.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

has there been anymore news on the problem and are they releasing a patch anytime soon??

Think the general news is "it will be done when its done" untill then where ment to "sit tight" :rolleyes:

According to Joe O Reilly from SI games the bug is becuase I'm running the League of Ireland

This thread

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=66919117&m=492200126&r=692206747#692206747

Ya seen that i have league of ireland running as well hopefuly the patch will be out soon (this week please)

Advertisement