Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6600 Vs 7600........

Options
  • 13-11-2004 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

6600 Vs 7600,....... i just cannot decide!

opinions, comparisons?

whatchya think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Down to if you want a weird looking phone or a more normal layout phone.
    7600 has more multimedia stuff built in but you can get all that for the 6600 too.
    Not sure if the 7600 has a mem upgrade slot, the 6600 takes up to a 512mb MMC card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

where are you planning on getting the 7600?
    Heres a proper comparison

The 6600 is probably the better phone, they have the same camera but the 6600 is series 60 while the 7600 is series 40.

Series 60 and 40

Not a pro on series but series 40 is the same as all the older phones, eg 7210 etc while 60 is off all the "newer" phones.

That said my friend has a 7600 and its a great phone, the camera is class and the videos are handy. Strange layout but all in all a nice little phone.Planning on getting one myself it Carphone warhouse still have the deal going. I havent used the 6600 so i cant really comment on it

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I had the same delemma and ended up going with the 6600. Its a seriously funky phone. The 7600 just isnt a practical shape. Also the 6600 is way more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 7600 is really a totally different phone. The 6600 for one is symbian based while the 7600 uses the poxy series 40 UI.. Do you mean the 7610 by any chance because the 7610 and 6600 are far more closely alligned..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

When I'm in a situation like this I always buy the phone which would hold it's value longer/more.

I'd go for the 6600.

It's very simple, the 6600 is out over 1 year now and the 7600 hasn't been releasted by any of the Irish networks "yet" ...

So the fact of this thread means that the 6600 is the better buy imo .. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

hmmm,.... thnx for the feedback, anyone else anything to add?

See, my dilema is, at the moment, I *have* a 7600, (yep the funky shaped 3G model), brand new in its box barely used, its completely unlocked, and I had the secret menu thing done so it works fine on all networks (aint tried it on meteor or O2, but i use vodafone and have no problems, in fact, signal is better than most iv had). And strange as it may sound, it is a very comfortable phone to use, strangely enough.
    If it had a memory slot and was symbian, it would be the perfect fone I think, but it done and I do like my add-ons ;)

The 6600 looks nice tho, and I do like the series 60 / symbian point as there seems to be a lot of free software for it.
    However, I do wonder how much video it can take, the 7600 can hold nearly an hour!
    I also wonder, if it can play MP3's as the 7600 can.

im torrn,

b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

well, if you plan on selling it.Ill give you €80 for it! ;)

TimAy wrote:
    well, if you plan on selling it.Ill give you €80 for it! ;)
    Roflmao!! ;) -> http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=107742

:)

lol :D ...

I got two up the north a few weeks ago and sold them both for €300 each in less than 5 days... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

lol :D ...

I got two up the north a few weeks ago and sold them both for €300 each in less than 5 days... :p

:eek: wow! now thats what i call a profit margin

• Advertisement

LOL, :)

Still torn over this, alltho I am finding the shape of the 7600 a bit difficult to operate (my fingers somtimes swell) as you do need some kind of dexterity to extract it from its carrier to operate and the buttons are a bit small.

I did love my old 7650, and i think is a similiar, tarted up, updated, version on the same thing really?

ugh, decisions

Yeah I had a 7600 about 8 months ago and it took me about 2/3 days to get use to texting on it... :o ...

If your thinking about changing your phone, I'd suggest waiting on the Nokia 6630 to come out. I'd say most Nokia lovers are waiting on this model to arrive...

6630_quarter_narrow.jpg

Then there's the Nokia 7710...

7710_hands.jpg

The Nokia 7710 works on GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900 networks, with shipments in Asia and China planned to begin in the fourth quarter, 2004 and in Europe and Africa in the first quarter, 2005.

see, thats the thing as well, im *not* really a nokia lover.
    Only nokia phones I ever really considered "well thought through" were the 7650 and the 3310 lol,.... aside from that, im still looking for the phone that will convince me they are as good with their first "smart fones" as they were with their first phone and first colour (i think) semi-smart fone lol ;)

So yeah waiting aint really an issue, .... lol, dont spose you still have that 6600 of urs u were selling an wanna swap for this, boxed, not a scratch, and have a jabra for it too lol ;)

Advertisement