Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2-Nokia problem...

Options
  • 13-11-2004 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Need a little help from any one with a Nokia handset that uses the speakeasy/O2 network.

After being a Vodafone customer for years I recently switched to O2 with the purchase of a new phone/SIM pack.

Now my problem is this; whenever anyone calls me the phone will ring for maybe 10 seconds then cut off. The person phoning me gets put through to my voicemail, which I have not set up, nor do I wish to use.
    As I use the phone mainly for business, it can take me a lot longer than 10 seconds to answer, as I may not have time to reach into my pocket or to retrieve the phone from wherever it is.

I've tried to reset the Call Diverts features in the Settings menu, but when I reset them I get an error message telling me it could not be completed. I've tried changing it so that the phone will ring for 30 seconds before diverting, but get the same error message.
    So is this a restrictive feature of the O2 network? Can it be changed? Or am I missing something glaringly obvious? If it is, I'll be returning to Vodafone sooner than I thought. O2's website has no info on this at all, and their T&Cs don't mention this feature. Neither does the Nokia manual in any great detail (since it is pretty self explanatory).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is it a GPRS phone, and if so is this working? Had a lot of problems with settings on my Nokia when I changed from vodaphone to o2, they had to send the gprs settings about 3 times. Dont know if this would cause your problem. The o2 helpdesk are pretty good at helping with this kind of thing too, cant rem their number havent needed it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah it's a 3200 and everything works on it no probs, including GPRS.

I only noticed this the other day when I couldn't get to the phone in time (like most people I tend to answer within 10 seconds) and thought it would be simply a matter of changing the delay settings in the Call Divert menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

I dont think thay O2 allow prepaid customers to change thier diverts. Have you tried asking customer care if they can increase this timeout for you?

No but it'll be my next port of call. I still don't see why they even have to have this feature. Vodafone let their handsets ring out till the battery dies.
    If I can't get this changed to my satisfaction it'll be back to them I go...

Yes, O2 don't allow prepaid customers to use Call Divert, or even cancel the divert to voicemail.

I don't understand why though, Vodafone and Meteor both allow it.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote:
    Yes, O2 don't allow prepaid customers to use Call Divert, or even cancel the divert to voicemail.

I don't understand why though, Vodafone and Meteor both allow it.
    Yeah. I've emailed them since it's nowhere in any T&Cs I signed up to. If they refuse to help, I'll blow my remaining credit, get a new network number and the hell with them.
    I mean if I wnat to use voicemail I will, but 15 seconds to answer the f***ing phone is retarded, since I'm usually not in a position to get to it instantly, due to the nature of my work.
    Seriously those idiots must think everyone works in a damn office, like they all do...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dologhli

If you know someone with a siemens (or possibly other makes also) put your sim in it, make your changes to your diverts (cancel them/change the delay/whatever) and then take your sim back. Don't ask me why nokias don't get on with o2 and diverts, but that seems to work... it's been like that for as long as I remember.

HTH
    -d

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

O2 Speakeasy don't let their customers change their voicemail settings manually, if you ring speakeasy customer care 1747 (14c per call from your mobile ) or 1850 601747. They will be able to cancel your diverts, or change them to whatever you want.

Advertisement