Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Acid-Reign"

Options
  • 15-07-2001 4:23pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there...

Right, basically (For those remotely interested in novels) "Acid-Reign" is something I've been tinkering over the years... Three years actualy (and funnily enough, it still hasn't gone too far from there... Impatience - Novel Writing = Bad Mix)

Funnily enough, even my CS clan is based on this novel... I love it dearly, but haven't had the time to brood over chapters etc...

Anyway - I've written a few chunks of it, and have dropped the main story plot here at http://acidreign_.homestead.com/storyselection.html - Don't bother going there unless your able to put up with note form sketches and low-detailed text...

It's a basic Science Related Thriller, based around this time...

If you do take the time to give it a gander, please give me some feedback or constructive criticism... It would be well appreciated... None of this "It's ****e" shinanigins... I already got that off the thread I posted on the CS boards about it biggrin.gif

Anyway, enough of my dribble... Praise god, I hope to take the time to continue this work, but we shall see biggrin.gif

PS. Any other budding novelists / story writers out there!? Are there any other writing communities!?

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Just going on what I do, may/may not be gospel.

Cut down on the head jumping. If you are going to describe the emotions of two people, you shouldn't have the narrative read both minds - it gets confusing. Instead, try to describe as many emotions as possible by observation. This, I believe, will strengthen any piece.

If you stay in the mind (or near it) of one character at a time (for longer periods) it will help the reader to associate with them.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cheers for that!

Like I said, It's all in severe note form, so at least I don't have to worry too much about smacking the overall story around a bit with a fat arséd Mackrel...

Again, thanks...

Advertisement