Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pay-as-you-play deals at old trafford

• 13-11-2004 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has warned Old Trafford's high-earners they could be placed on pay-as-you-play deals in future.
    Gill hinted at changes as he told United's annual meeting: "We'd like, particularly for the younger players, to have more appearance-based money.

"The players need to understand the economics of the game have changed over the last few years.

"But we're still talking about putting together very attactive packages."

Gill added: "Wage cuts would depend on the player."

United's finances were hit because they claimed a smaller share of the Champions League cash pot after finishing third in the Premiership last year.

And the club has a number of high earners whose contracts are up for renewel at the end of next season.

Captain Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs are among those who could be affected, along with young defender John O'Shea.
    here i dont think their plan will go down too well with the players tbh!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For the worlds richest club (market capitalisation value) they sure seem short of readies...and if salvation depends on CL success this year and qualification for next year. It dont look good.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Some of the players are on too much money IMO. I think it affects their motivation levels and a bit of pay per play wouldnt do them any harm. I can understand stand it with the older players: Keane, Scholes, Giggs but what is the story with Josh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Josh days at Ot are numbered IMO. He has not maintained the form he showed when he brok into the team and he is no longer first choice for any position. I cant see this announcemnet worrying Keano too much as he will hardly be looking for a new contract.

I think its a good incentive for the players to do their best when they get the chance. Utd. will not be the only club to implement this system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Muppet wrote:
    Josh days at Ot are numbered IMO. He has not maintained the form he showed when he brok into the team and he is no longer first choice for any position. I cant see this announcemnet worrying Keano too much as he will hardly be looking for a new contract.
    He hasn't even made the bench for the premiership matches in weeks.

Advertisement