Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A slight problem with a pc since SP2

• 13-11-2004 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Some files since installing SP2 have being opening with the wrong program(e.g. Pictures opening with MS Photo Editor instead of the program that is usually used and these files have their filename appearing im blue. |What has happened and why?

Example

The JPEG has changed the colour, the dark blue is actually a bright blue :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Another reason not to install service pack 2 so soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

I am MAN wrote:
    Another reason not to install service pack 2 so soon.

Why, because installing it later is going to change the content??

You can reset your file associations by opening an Explorer window, clicking Tools > Folder Options, then going to File Types. Change your image files back to 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' if you prefer it.

The blue file names might be due to compression. Right-click on a blue file, go to Properties then Advanced and check if it's compressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its only a small problem, Nothing has being lost or corrupted. I'd still recommend updating to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yes they are compressed, how did this happen. How will I uncompress them without having to do it individually cos about 95% of the files are compressed. I've changed some of the association already but its annoying that it has happened:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There's probably no harm in them being compressed. If you do want to uncompress them though, if 95% of the files are compressed, then just select all, compress all, then uncompress all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement