Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grad ball. Orchid Needed?

• 13-11-2004 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Just a quick query.

I've been invited to a graduation ball on Monday by a college friend. Do I need to get her an Orchid for her ball gown? Is that only done at Debbs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only for the debs. Well we didn't need one for the DCU grad ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Turn up with an orchid and she'll either think you're sad or the cutest little thing she's ever seen.

Odds on the former, so I'm glad you asked. She's expecting you to turn up on time and wearing shoes, nowt more.

Having said that, if I was going to a ball with my lovely better half I'd get her a big ass orchid as I reckon in that case it'd be cute and funny for the whole evening. I'd probably throw in the idea of having someone else drive me to her house to meet her parents and take photos as well as I'd find it hilarious. Heck, she might find it funny too.

/makes note: go to some ball in the next few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah there's no need for an orchid for a grads ball.. just the debs.. have a good nite!

ps. while there is no need for an orchid.. flowers are one of the many ways to a girls heart ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Even with the debs I dunno why people bother. Someone will only puke on it at some stage during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

DapperGent wrote:
    Even with the debs I dunno why people bother. Someone will only puke on it at some stage during the night.
    oh such a romantic gent you are ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Cork_girl wrote:
    oh such a romantic gent you are ;)
    The truth is rarely romantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

sceptre wrote:
    She's expecting you to turn up on time and wearing shoes, nowt more.

wow i didnt realise it was that kind of party ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Thanks for the advice. I reckon a box of chocies and flowers will be the classic solution! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I was brought to a Grad Ball, (not mine), by a mate and was given a bunch of roses and a box of choccies...wasn't expecting either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A friend gave his date a cactus. She called him a p****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement