Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Blue Machine Keeps Rolling On.. Honk Honk..

• 13-11-2004 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

another win for Everton after a good result away at Brum...

Will this good run ever end though??? At the moment its looking good for a decent run until xmas then buy a few players in january and going on to win the title.. well maybe thats a bit far-fetched..

anyway go on the toffees...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Do they have the cash to spend some money to spend in january?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

supposedly they will have 15 million big ones... :p

some from the rooney sale and some from investment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah they're free to spend in January.

The quality of palyers they bring in then will go a long way toward whether they are in boom-bust or will have sustainable improvement. I think it would be better if they only spent a little and waited until the summer before they invested heavily. Tieing up some serious quality Bosmans in January for next season would be the really smart thing.

David Moyes is a clever fella I think he'll spend wisely and not too much. It would be dangerous in the extreme I think for them to spend big (and at a premium) in January to try and secure Champions League for next season, disturbing a settled and good team with newcomers mid season is a recipe for disaster. I hope they'll being a few good squad players in in January and wait to buy cast iron first teamers til the summer.

Having said all that they are only a couple of injuries away from being totally boned.

I love Everton this season, them Aston Villa and Bolton have made the Premiership an awful lot more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Villa are donig feck all this season to be honest.. Everton, Bolton and Middlesborough are shaking things up alright though!

You gotta respect the run Everton have put together but its still impossible to figure out how..

DapperGent wrote:
    Yeah they're free to spend in January.

The quality of palyers they bring in then will go a long way toward whether they are in boom-bust or will have sustainable improvement. I think it would be better if they only spent a little and waited until the summer before they invested heavily. Tieing up some serious quality Bosmans in January for next season would be the really smart thing.
    yeah that sounds like what will probably happen...
    DapperGent wrote:
    David Moyes is a clever fella I think he'll spend wisely and not too much. It would be dangerous in the extreme I think for them to spend big (and at a premium) in January to try and secure Champions League for next season, disturbing a settled and good team with newcomers mid season is a recipe for disaster. I hope they'll being a few good squad players in in January and wait to buy cast iron first teamers til the summer.
    Yeah. Moyesy is pretty wise when it comes to transfers. He has an eye for a bargain and getting good players for decent money.. yobo, wright, cahill, kilbane, bent spring to mind... they are performing very well this season..

I think he'll buy only a few players in january.. perhaps 2 or 3 to bulk up the squad a bit. I think a striker, a centre back and a right winger perhaps...

I dont think he'll make wholesale changes, as you have said its not a great idea to disrupt a good playing team
    DapperGent wrote:
    Having said all that they are only a couple of injuries away from being totally boned.

I love Everton this season, them Aston Villa and Bolton have made the Premiership an awful lot more interesting.

it depends really where the injuries happen.. if its up front then i think there could be a problem. midfield is not too bad. another centre back is defo needed..

Yeah have to agree villa and bolton are looking good. its good to see another 'tier' of teams appearing in the premiership who can perhaps give the big boys a run for their money...

• Advertisement

Villa are donig feck all this season to be honest.. Everton, Bolton and Middlesborough are shaking things up alright though!

You gotta respect the run Everton have put together but its still impossible to figure out how..

I like villa this season... o'leary has done good things there..

good team spirit, good tactics and superb fitness i think are the key to evertons good form. They recruited a few fitness coaches this summer and it seems to be paying off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jaysus I didnt notice Villa sneaking up there at all :/

Advertisement