Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage on RTE's Questions and Answers Mon 15th

Options
  • 13-11-2004 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Looks like there is going to be a Questions and Answers programme on about Gay Marriage on Monday. Please tune in. I think you can ring in and email in too if you want to give comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Excellent. I'll be watching. Then the following morning I will be going to visit friends in Iran, where I will "still be unmarried" and "living with my housemate", at least to conservative people I meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yoda wrote:
    Then the following morning I will be going to visit friends in Iran, where I will "still be unmarried" and "living with my housemate", at least to conservative people I meet.
    What is the level of acceptance towards gays in Iran? I'm curious as to how difficult it is for gays to meet and how and where - surely it's all illegal in Iran therefore most gays just swallow their feelings and marry as if they were straight, right? It must be terrible to be trapped in a lie :mad:

Homosexuality is a capital crime in Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Don't forget to watch this tonight folks... even if you've no interest in pertnership rights and gay marriage now it doesn't mean that you won't in a couple of years time, given the recent high-profile court case it's good that more attention is being given to this issue :)

Remember that currently gay people are second-class citizens in terms of partnership and childrens rights, and if you just sit there and accept it nothing is going to change.

22:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Anyone able to get a digital recording of this when it's aired tonight ?

Advertisement