Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soooo Pissed off!!!!!!!

Options
  • 13-11-2004 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I was in town for ages today and i went in to get my belly button pierced, but contrary to popular belief, in georges street arcade they do give a **** and they call your parents, if it is your friend, they don't pierce it,
    i am soooooooo anoyed!!!!!!
    Can you just grab random people and pretend they're your parents would that work?
    Some1 help im sooo anoyed!!!!
    If there is some adult or person who sound like an adult will they pretend to be my mother/father on the fone
    Sasper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Stay as far away from that place as your legs will carry you. They've never asked questions like that for anyone I know. Seriously though, get it done somewhere proper, with a needle. You need to be sixteen in Celestial Ring. Try there, and just get a parent to come in and sign the form if you're under. What I did anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You really want to get something like that done in a place which wouldn't check your age? Sounds abite dim to moi.

I could pierce you (I'm fifteen by the way) drunk, blindfold and dizzy, while on a bungee cord, and I'd probably still make a better job of it than some of the messes that have happened in that hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

From what I've heard about that place (admittedly from here, but hey, this place is HIGHLY reliable!) it's probably better they didn't do you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sasper stay away from that place in the Arcade - they are **** - I went to school with somebody who knew the peeps who ran that place and they used to spread rumours abt the other piercing places in town!! One time I heard this girl telling everyone in school how clean it was etc and how it was much safer to get pierced with a gun and that they heard that somebody went into Bodyshock to get bellybutton and the needle went into their abdomen and punctured their guts!!! She didn't know that Paddy is a friend of my bro - they weren't pleased when i told them the strory!! :D

• Advertisement

Heh! Lovely. "Hang on. I'll just stick my eight-inch customised piercer's needle right... here. Oh No! I've managed to just stick it through you... all the way... into your guts... without stopping! Oh how I wish I had used a gun and just torn you apart instead of... Oh wait."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

sasper, they didn't pierce you for a reason, that being, you're too young

and tbh from your post you sound too immature to be able to deal with any aftercare anyway

Anyone who thinks the Arcade is a perfectly decent place to get pierced generally is though. I wouldn't get my ear lobe done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I agree with Seraphina

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i have to agree with everyone.

if your so pissed off about not being able to get pierced in the worst studio ( if it qualifies as one ) in town , and you want to get a stranger to pose as a parent, then your certainly not ready nor mature enough to get pierced

• Advertisement

The sad thing is he/she/it will get away with it, though I can't imagine George's Street Arcade turning down anyone over the age of about seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

To be honest ive seen it alot of times while looking at jewellery in the arcade before they do refuse to pierce people, loads of little skanger girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sasper

I am not immature, nor a skanger girl,
    i was just pissed yesterday,
    i think getting random people is sooooooo not immature and screw all of yous who say so

Sasper wrote:
    I am not immature, i think getting random people is sooooooo not immature

*Snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

*sigh*
    Georges Street Arcade parlour is NOT a piercing shop,Georges street arcade parlour is a dungeon of torture.
    That place is so dodgy i dont understand how they are still in business,its cheap for a reason as in they dont use proper equipment and I dont even know if they have a piercing license.
    STAY AWAY FROM THAT SH*THOLE

there's no such thing as a piercing licence in ireland
    there's no regulation over stuff like piercing and tattoos.

There really needs to be some kind of necessary qualification or something. As far as the law is concerned any gom can pick up a needle and call themselves a piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sasper

Is Goerge's street arcade that bad?
    Coz i know LOADS of people who got it done there and they're all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You say that now...

Not a lot of people get ****ed up by them, but a whole lot more than in any half-respectable piercing studio. Still, the measure of the ****-ups speaks fot itself. Think eyebrows torn in half maybe. I know people who've been pierced there a dozen times with no bad results, but would you want to risk it? Personally I like my face, well, not really, but I like it better with only the few little scars that it has thanks rather than lumps missing out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

I've been following this thread and have noticed it has become a slander thread against this place 'the arcade'.
    Now i'm from galway so i know as little as possible about dublin but there must not be that many piercing places in dublin if so many people know about this one!!?

Why didn't/don't you just try somewhere else! And whats maturity got to do with getting a piercing. Ye sound a bit sore that your exclusive club of piercings is becoming more popular. Oh no. Lighten up.

We're badmouthing it because we know how badly wrong some of the things they do have gone. And that's precisely why we all know it. We know all the good piercing parlours. Unfortunately, we're doomed to know the bad ones, like George's Street. And personally, I'd rather a *trained* piercer in Snakebite "overcharged" me to do a good job than an old woman with shaky hands and a bad aim charged me very little to gouge out half my eyebrow. Thanks but I'll keep going to *real* piercers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I think the charter should be revised to include something along the lines of "If you are a moron and/or a child, DON'T get pierced or tattooed" to help stop threads like these.

Take out the child part and you'd be correct. I'm only fifteen but I have a genuine interest in piercings and I do my research and know what I'm talking about, at least to a certain extent. Therefore I consider myself mature enough to be pierced. And it's not for anyone else, it's for my own self satisfaction. I think that should be a definite point in your considerations before getting a piercing or a tattoo.

Fungtank wrote:
    I've been following this thread and have noticed it has become a slander thread against this place 'the arcade'.
    Now i'm from galway so i know as little as possible about dublin but there must not be that many piercing places in dublin if so many people know about this one!!?

so many people know about this place because it has a bad reputation. its not a proper studio, its a stall in an indoor marketplace, and they do all kinds of piercings without proper sterilisation and equipment. they use piercing guns for piercings which its not suited to (i.e. anything other than the earlobe) and they're basically a place that anyone with any knowledge of piercings will avoid.

its got nothing to do with exclusiveness, piercings are hardly exclusive, everyone has them now. but this board promotes clean, safe and proper piercing and tattooing for responsible adults. we're not here to help a kid get her bellybutton pierced without a parents permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

personally i've always gone to celestial ring.... bit more expensive but its worth it i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

snakebite dont overcharge you , you pay for an excellent , professional service with friendly and helpfull staff. you dont only pay for the piercing there. you can return and asked for new bars , rings etc for your piercing and they will give it for free becuase you have been pierced there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I wouldn't take this guy too seriously he has no idea what he is talking about.
    You might claim that the Arcade place is ok in your experience and your mates but "places like snakebite" actually charge for service, knowledge, follow-up etc.
    Dont bad mouth places when you have no idea what they do, or obviously why they do it.
    Does the place in Georges Street do genital piercing etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Seraphina wrote:
    there's no such thing as a piercing licence in ireland
    there's no regulation over stuff like piercing and tattoos.

Yeah its a same in N. Ireland we dont have an piercing regulation but tattoo studio's have to register themselves and have a licence which is good due to health risks with spreading diseases with the needles etc, But if you think of it, a bad piercing could do so much more dammage and without proper trainning or knowledge of the body, a piercer could kill you!

Advertisement