Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soooo Pissed off!!!!!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

O.K, im planning on getting a scaffold done, ive done my research and was considering Snakebite or celestial ring as the studio to go to, but i was talking to some one who warned me against both places saying that georges st is where they frequent.Could someone please assure me that this person is talking utter ****e as (although ive never been there) i am aware of its reputation.
    so,
    which studio (Dublin or Galway) would you recomend for a scaffold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

O.K, im planning on getting a scaffold done, ive done my research and was considering Snakebite or celestial ring as the studio to go to, but i was talking to some one who warned me against both places saying that georges st is where they frequent.Could someone please assure me that this person is talking utter ****e as (although ive never been there) i am aware of its reputation.
    so,

I find it strange that you could post this question this far into the thread, do you think we may have changed our minds?

That person is talking rubbish, if you go to the arcade on your head be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Don't come crying to us when you end up with cauliflower ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

so,
    from personal experience snake bite its the best by far if you want to go to celestrial then get kenny to do it(x snakebite head)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

If you're in Galway then go to Metalworks. Luke and Peter really know there stuff and give the best aftercare service I've ever experienced plus the place has a really friendly atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

the jewlery is disposted of straight away not resold. giving past clients discount is great if you get something pierced that swells and needs a larger bar as precausion then who would go to them if they charged you to fit the right size one???

why take the old jewellery off you then? i know i could have used a lot of it in other piercings i had?

the app also recommends that piercing studios should do these things too:

"See their autoclave (sterlizer) and spore tests.
    This is the most important thing you need to do when checking out ANY potential piercing studio. If they don't have an autoclave run away! ("Dry Heat" is NOT considered appropriate for sterilization.) Ask to see their spore test results. A spore test is the only way to know the autoclave is working properly. If they don't run regular spore tests, don't let them pierce you!"

ive seen the spore test cert in body shock but haven't seen it anywhere else. i sort of persume the rest have it though, i hope anyways.

"Does the studio seem clean?
    Check it out! Is the piercing studio immaculate: the walls washed, carpet vacuumed? Are the staff bathed and neat? Is the restroom kept clean and tidy? If you feel they are not, walk out! Every good studio should have 5 separate areas: the counter, waiting room, piercing room(s), bathroom, and a separate sterilization room."

i dont think most of the places have a seperate sterilization room.

theres other stuff too if you want to trawl through the site.
    all i'm saying is that the odd dodgy thing goes unnoticed here because people seem to think that anyone out of the three most popular or respectable places in dublin is infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

so,
    I would suggest celestial ring to get your scaffold done,I got mine done there and it has been grand ever since.

Celestial Ring never use an autoclave afaik for piercings as they just throw out everything they use straight after(including clamps and whathaveya)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tinsel

church i know for a fact snakebite does not re use jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sasper

i got my belly button,
    and in georges street arcade its ok,
    the place is really clean, its all cool, im not in pain, and i am really happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sure you say that now.....

Anyway glad you got it done, I know you've been wanting it done for ages. :)

In places like Celstial Ring and Snakebite do they insist you have to be over 18/ have parental consent for ALL piercings? I wan't to get my cartilage done and I have parental prermission it's just that I want to get it done tomorrow and my parents won't be coming in with me so would they still pierce me if I rang my parents and got them to tell the Piercer I had consent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Does the place in Georges Street do genital piercing etc?
    LOL
    Dunno what it's like nowdays, but when I was 15 (1995) I got my eyebrow pierced there... it was just a bloody seat and a table in full view of passers-by.
    Just picturing it now... "right we are, just whip the lad out there till we get a look" in the middle of Georges st arcade. :D
    Actually they used a gun to do my eyebrow, which I didn't know was wrong until reading this thread.
    It slowly tore its way out over the course of a few months, stud getting caught in my pillow I reckon... re-did it myself with a pin a few months later and the same thing happened... after that I just said fuggit can't be arsed.

[edit] just for the sake of clarity - when I say "bloody seat"; I don't mean the seat was bloody or had blood on it... merely emphasis, nothing more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Liz, wouldn't bother trying it to be honest. Just wait for a day they can come in with you. I was lucky in that mine was able to come in and sign for me on her lunch break when I found out I needed ID. For ear piercings it's sixteen with ID or parental consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yup I'm prolly get it done tomorrow, more for having someone there to hold my hand then anything else, you know how I am with pain.

tinsel wrote:
    church i know for a fact snakebite does not re use jewellery

ok but i still find it a bit odd that they take the old jewellery off you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

church wrote:
    ok but i still find it a bit odd that they take the old jewellery off you then.

well when I had the stretch done they gave it back to me as a spare.

they offered me a discounted price on the stretch if i gave back my old jewellery, which is what led me to believe that they were reusing it.

Advertisement