Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's good on a thursday night?

Options
  • 13-11-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

For 1st year students?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

anything in particular..?like what u after-dancing?drinking?chilling?

my fav places on thurs night would be in no particular order, doyles (animal for crazy dancin'), cocoon, student bar-but then again when u pop in so often during the wk it dont feel like u'r headin out, brux's (for when u just want to get some grrr music), so sume(cheap cocktails....hmmm), ri ra's (THE place to go for even crazier dancin), hogans (drinking ahoy), mezzers (hey...what can i say), or theres a new place near the hideout called mischief..havent been there yet but heard gud reports

however if u'r looking to score, and some cheap drink, try spirit tis ok, can get fairly cheap drink....fairly..evil Q bar...sorry i hate the place but thought id mention it to let u decide..then theres coyote, fireworks(dnt kno if thats still doin a student night...), or bondai, or tram co in rathmines...those generally av "student nights", "cheap in" "cheap drink" and occasionally the odd for want of bettr word"cheap"crowd...but if ur looking for r'n'b, a dance floor and other ppl ur age then theres fairly ok, just b careful bout who you score bcause as an underage drinker i used to frequent those places and many under age drinkers still do..as one of my friends discovered to his horror last week...i laughed...a lot.twas something along the lines of old school...

if u'r from the country try the portobello in rathmines :) and "temptation"......

but for a good night out i'd start in so sume for cheap cocktails then on to doyles for some good ol whiskey and sum crazy dancing-av been known to do the charleston on occasion and then on to ri ra's until like 4 am...thats a good night...friday doesnt tend to be a good day tho...mhe tis usually worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i went to barcode on clontarf road the other night (yes i know its a long way) but it was brialliant free in and 3 euro every drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Tramco in rathmines.
    Redz on o`Connell bridge

Any night out thats organised by a club or society is strongly reccomended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Reverb

This Friday The Reverb are playing with Republic of Loose in the student bar in Ucd.. head up that way to hear some live music and get a few drinks into ya before heading out.. Sorted

http://www.thereverbonline.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

as far as i know Bondi do €3 a drink on a thursday and a sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

zap wrote:
    i went to barcode on clontarf road the other night (yes i know its a long way) but it was brialliant free in and 3 euro every drink

Barcodes' savage on thursdays for drinks, if you're there again ask for the "Diggie Special", Double vodka,smirnoff ice and blackcurrent in a pint for €6...savage. Then it's only like, €8 for a taxi in to like,Spirit/O'Connell Street.
    Tramco in rathmines.
    Redz on o`Connell bridge

Is the re-furbished Tramco's any better than the last one?Redz?!Come on, its a dump and you know it!(No offence to any regulars)
    as far as i know Bondi do €3 a drink on a thursday and a sunday.

A friend of mine is working in there, apparently every night is now a "cheap" night, €3 a drink every night of the week, not bad by any standards.
    Alana wrote:
    ..evil Q bar...sorry i hate the place but thought id mention it to let u decide..
    Tiny cramped dance floor, bad pricing and one hell of an ugly crowd make the place "evil"...more "absolute dive"..suits it better don't ya think?
    And the fact that they have the pay in price at €5, no wonder you've a huge amount of ugly knick knacks(again no offence) going in :) alot of people "mashed" on pills too unsurprisingly...

Oh and Coyote's full of like, 12 year olds so guys, be warned its statutory.
    Go Bondi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

friday night is student night now in bondi by the way

oh and tram co in rathmines is 21's now.... just so you's all know like!

have to agree with Rb -coyote is always full of DNS kiddynippers, Redz is a total ****-tip, and Qbar sooo don't go there.

Bondi all the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

Bondi all the way

Went to Bondi last week, and all I can say was that it was a big disappointment after all the hype I heard about the place. There was hardly any atmosphere, the club is basically one big square that you can pretty much see everything thats going on whereever you're sitting, and I found the decor a bit cheesy tbh (no offence to any regulars) . However, the fact that the drinks were only €3 was a big plus!

Why does everyone seem to like bondi so much?

I say Red Box all the way!

Chick wrote:
    friday night is student night now in bondi by the way

I went to one of those nights like,a few weeks back.Oh my god when I walked in the door, it was like the Ballymun Flats decided to have they're like, evacuation party or whatever, in there, I was amazed, it was the worst I'd seen.Cause its like, one of the only student nights on a friday i was expecting like, loads of secondary school people, wouldnt of bothered me half as much except NO, it had to be full of creamers AND the first half of the night was pure dance music.Havent went back on a friday tbh.
    Chick wrote:
    oh and tram co in rathmines is 21's now.... just so you's all know like!
    Chick wrote:
    Bondi all the way ;)
    Totally..
    Intel wrote:
    Why does everyone seem to like bondi so much?
    It's usually got a good crowd,only ever seen a few like, knick-knacks strutting around(except that friday night :eek: ).It's got good music, very little trouble in there, good security(except that friday night) and its got space to like, walk around.One great thing is they dont let drink on the dance floor, no more little ****ers bumping into you and spilling their drink all over you :) AND they've good theme nights, like the beach partys, unlike "Rapperz n Slapperz"Oh and they've the tv monitors so when you're like, not dancing you can watch your friends like, making a total arse of themselves :D
    Intel wrote:
    I say Redbox all the way!
    I guess it can be sumed up as Different strokes for different folks, i guess.

Chick: Thought ya might like to know, the next Bondi Beach Party is in March, they're getting the sand and pools back in so like, it should be another savage night.

Rapper and Slappers -LC results night in RedBox wasn't it? Heard about that!

I absolutley cannot stand RedBox sorry, eh hello its full of total skobes, why can no one else see that! all these little teenyboppers running around with their plastic pint cups of Bulmers in one hand and their Kodak disposable camera in the other hand. Where as in Bondi, its not like halting site reunion!!
    Plus dance music just totally wrecks my head after a while, and in RedBox its just like thump thump thump all night -No thank you. Everything in moderation I reckon :D

Thanks a mil RB for letting me know anout the part-tay in March, sand yay!! :)

• Advertisement

Chick wrote:
    Rapper and Slappers -LC results night in RedBox wasn't it? Heard about that!

I absolutley cannot stand RedBox sorry, eh hello its full of total skobes, why can no one else see that! all these little teenyboppers running around with their plastic pint cups of Bulmers in one hand and their Kodak disposable camera in the other hand. Where as in Bondi, its not like halting site reunion!!
    Plus dance music just totally wrecks my head after a while, and in RedBox its just like thump thump thump all night -No thank you. Everything in moderation I reckon :D

Thanks a mil RB for letting me know anout the part-tay in March, sand yay!! :)

No problemo..
    Im loving the halting site reunion metaphor, verry nice :)
    My theory is that like, once upon a time, decent people went to the Redbox.Then, seeing this, little scobie lads decided they'd like to try there chances with like, decent girls and then, seeing this, the little knacker whores followed them to get "der fellas back" n ended up like, enjoying the place. I think like, this could be a continuous problem like(refer to my last post about a certain night in Bondi) so like, whats the solution?Give them the redbox as long as like, they make a pact not to step foot in like, Bondi ever again?Could work...

rb_ie wrote:
    No problemo..
    My theory is that like, once upon a time, decent people went to the Redbox.Then, seeing this, little scobie lads decided they'd like to try there chances with like, decent girls and then, seeing this, the little knacker whores followed them to get "der fellas back" n ended up like, enjoying the place. I think like, this could be a continuous problem like(refer to my last post about a certain night in Bondi) so like, whats the solution?Give them the redbox as long as like, they make a pact not to step foot in like, Bondi ever again?Could work...

somebody please tell me the above is like, a joke!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

rb_ie wrote:
    No problemo..

Stop saying like, you like, MORON!

Stop saying like, you like, MORON!

she has to be taking the píss.....NOBODY could possibly talk like that!
    (at least i hope thats the case)

she has to be taking the píss.....NOBODY could possibly talk like that!
    (at least i hope thats the case)

No no, i just didn't realise I was doing it, honest mistake :)

Oh yeah and to that fumbucker who called me a Moron, ever heard that if ya cant say anything nice then say nothing at all? well, **** that you ignorant prick :)

Oh, and I'm a guy by the way.

I see now, I forgot to put "(no offence)" at the end of the post regarding the fact that Redbox is an utter dump full of knackers, sorry, has it offended several people perhaps? Seems that way anyway.

rb_ie wrote:
    No no, i just didn't realise I was doing it, honest mistake :)

Oh yeah and to that fumbucker who called me a Moron, ever heard that if ya cant say anything nice then say nothing at all? well, **** that you ignorant prick :)

Oh, and I'm a guy by the way.

haha im sorry but.......you're a guy??? seriously mate you sounded like that one out of Clueless.

so if you didnt realise you were doing it you must actually talk like that!

pfft no wonder D4 heads get a slagging. :rolleyes:

rb_ie wrote:
    I see now, I forgot to put "(no offence)" at the end of the post regarding the fact that Redbox is an utter dump full of knackers, sorry, has it offended several people perhaps? Seems that way anyway.

never been to redbox so no you havent offended me. you're generalisations are pretty pathetic though.

you simply came across as very obnoxious, snobby...oh and....a girl.

but anyway....back on topic. i would also recommend traffic on a thursday....2 for 1 cocktails. not bad!

My generalisations are pretty pathetic?Go on in there some night and report back.
    Yeah I'm a guy and yeah, I didn't realise I was doing it,it just came out in the "thought-typing process". But hey, who are you to have me explaining myself?

But back on topic,
    Two for one cocktails?Pretty good, worth checking out though I have heard it's full of E.

Might have the wrong bar there.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    No problemo..

Give them the redbox as long as like, they make a pact not to step foot in like, Bondi ever again?Could work...
    Thanks lol, but it just like sprang to mind :p
    I think thats a fab idea hun about keepin bondi SS... cos dont you know it'll end up the same way as SweatBox before you know it! Free E with admission :rolleyes: It's just like skobes take over places, and thats kinda like unfair cos we were there first and they just kinda come along like, soverign rigns and all, and just take over! How focking unfair is that, why cant they just keep to their local boozers or whatever, and we can enjoy a night out on the tiles in Bondi?

And guys I think that its like a bit unfair for slagging of the way RB was typing. I type the way I like speak or whatever, it just comes out like that lol. I say like way too often in real life, but sure what does it matter, its better than going around saying shwerrrrrrrr 'story bud all the time!! am i roysh or am i roysh?

Oh and as for the two for one cocktails -Legend

Chick wrote:
    Thanks lol, but it just like sprang to mind :p
    I think thats a fab idea hun about keepin bondi SS... cos dont you know it'll end up the same way as SweatBox before you know it! Free E with admission :rolleyes: It's just like skobes take over places, and thats kinda like unfair cos we were there first and they just kinda come along like, soverign rigns and all, and just take over! How focking unfair is that, why cant they just keep to their local boozers or whatever, and we can enjoy a night out on the tiles in Bondi?
    So true..
    BUT one thing we can look forward to is the arrival of Funderland, it'll divert all that type for a while, theres a tip for ya, go to Bondi while Funderland is in town, it'll be perfect I reckon ;)
    Chick wrote:
    And guys I think that its like a bit unfair for slagging of the way RB was typing. I type the way I like speak or whatever, it just comes out like that lol. I say like way too often in real life, but sure what does it matter, its better than going around saying shwerrrrrrrr 'story bud all the time!! am i roysh or am i roysh?
    Someone's a big fan of the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books aren't they!? But yeah you're right, or "alree bud", equally as annoying..
    The thing is though, some people are totally against this kind of attitude, giving it the "they can't help where they were brought up" or that kinda bull, i mean, i'm sure in primary school they weren't taught to pronounce "All right" as "Alree" and "Story" as "Storee", nor were they taught to use either as greetings :)
    Any teacher who teaches kids to talk "loyke dis" should be shot. :eek:

Oh my God how'd you know! I focking LOVE Ross O'Carroll-Kelly!!:) He is like most of my male friends personified, honestly. You just gotta love the phonetic spelling in the books though, you can so just hear the accent lol, genius or what!

And yeah, i'm sure when the lil baby skobies started school they were taught correct pronunciation, but I'd say from around 1st class onwards it just all went downhill... a downward spiral into the way that they "speak" now. Good point about Funderland acutally, i'd like totally forgotten about that... So Bondi will be ours again :D Damn focking right, we're the like rightful owners!

Chick wrote:
    Oh my God how'd you know! I focking LOVE Ross O'Carroll-Kelly!!:) !
    Just a really,REALLY good guess? :D
    Chick wrote:
    He is like most of my male friends personified, honestly.You just gotta love the phonetic spelling in the books though, you can so just hear the accent lol, genius or what!
    Yeah it's savage..I'd love to hear a creamers opinion of the book ;)
    Chick wrote:
    And yeah, i'm sure when the lil baby skobies started school they were taught correct pronunciation, but I'd say from around 1st class onwards it just all went downhill... a downward spiral into the way that they "speak" now. Good point about Funderland acutally, i'd like totally forgotten about that... So Bondi will be ours again :D Damn focking right, we're the like rightful owners!
    You're damn right it will be!They should promote it actually :)
    Funderlands a dump. It'd the ultimate creamer night out actually, first to "abrakababra" for "dinner", then to Funderland and then Redbox, better than their wedding day I'd bet :)

Eh hello how could the creamers even have an opinion of R.O.C.K. cos theres like no way in hell theyd even understand it anyway- theyd never get the accents, the jokes, our slang? Nah, not a hope in hell, sure they speak a different language like!;)

You say savage a lot, lol isn't that like a big bogger thing?

All this talk of Bondi is making me really wish I was there now! I was out last night though (laaaaaaate night lol zzzz) so I'm kinda wrecked. But that shouldn't be an excuse for a college student! sometimes the best nights out are random nights out anyway...:D

Chick wrote:
    Eh hello how could the creamers even have an opinion of R.O.C.K. cos theres like no way in hell theyd even understand it anyway- theyd never get the accents, the jokes, our slang? Nah, not a hope in hell, sure they speak a different language like!;)

I see your point, kind of like asking the majority of them to do out a CV - "ehh wha de ****??" - Anyway, i'm sure alot of them have more "important" things to buy other than books, their Heroin for example.
    Chick wrote:
    You say savage a lot, lol isn't that like a big bogger thing?
    Better than "****in' deadleeee" or something similar, Are they still using "rap-eh" these days or is that now too "old school" for the counterfeit Burberry generation?
    Chick wrote:
    All this talk of Bondi is making me really wish I was there now! I was out last night though (laaaaaaate night lol zzzz) so I'm kinda wrecked. But that shouldn't be an excuse for a college student! sometimes the best nights out are random nights out anyway...:D

I've been sick the past week and a half, totally sick but HAD to go into college for some stupid exams, which I aced :) so haven't been out in like, two weeks. Sucks but hey, ill make up for it once I'm fully recovered :D

rb_ie wrote:
    Better than "****in' deadleeee" or something similar, Are they still using "rap-eh" these days or is that now too "old school" for the counterfeit Burberry generation?
    counterfeit Buberry generation -I'm lving it lol!! :p I've no idea if theyre still saying rapid/rap-eh lol... then again if it aint broke why fix it! I suppose you saying savage is much better than rap-peh. Miles better in fact. You gotta keep it SS!! [/QUOTE]
    rb_ie wrote:
    I've been sick the past week and a half, totally sick but HAD to go into college for some stupid exams, which I aced :) so haven't been out in like, two weeks. Sucks but hey, ill make up for it once I'm fully recovered :D
    Aw poor you, the novelty of staying at home wears off after a few days doesnt it, especially when you realise how **** daytime really is! I'm sure youll more than make up for it when you finally go out, I'm sensing like a total bender here! Think I'll take my chances with Bondi's student night next week...

Well, any days i've taken off i've been totally busy..Had a load of exams over the last few weeks, had to keep getting the good grades, in some cases the best, to make sure I'm recognised as one of the best so that getting a transfer after second year will be no problem.
    On top of that, my dog died recently and I've been trying to sort out adoption of two pups and also been trying to find a good, not tacky piece, to put beside the grave. So i've been busy!

Oh yeah totally, all day session I reckon, discussed it with some of the guys, could be next friday, which would be sweet :D
    A friend of mine who works in Bondi said its a student night every night in Bondi now, like, €3 per drink any night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

OH MY GOD!Finally some like, kindred spirits.Thought this place was totally full of like, total skobes etc. etc. :rolleyes:

They had better be trolls-for the sake of the human race they had better be trolls!

• Advertisement

UCD board full of total skobes?yeah right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement