Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Phantom Fm Wishlist!

Options
  • 13-11-2004 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Ok so it's november and a bit early, but I might as well getting the ball rollin.
    When Phantom went temporary a few programmes and such had to be cut. But now that they're back there is a few things that I would love to return, Nay, I demand it!
    Anyway all I want for christmas (or july) is :

Bring phantasm back. Mr Whelan and Mr phantom are buddies, both will be happy with the business, and I know we will be more than happy to go! Ya know it makes sense.

Im a geek and I loved listening to X minus 1 late at night. Or scaring the bejayzus out of myself with Suspense! (way scarier than any horror movie) bring them back, once a week, round midnight and that would be sweeeeeeeet.

Bring back Flopsy the Bunny, that crazy bitch rocked!

Of course an xmas party goes with out saying :)

That's all for now. But I invite all to contribute. Roll on July 05!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

I love xminus one and suspence too, i really missed them last time!
    Also phantasm yey!
    Im sure the guys are well aware these are popular, and im sure theyll be back!

On a short nerdy note about x-1, how can you get the recording of them?
    I was in nbc sudios a while ago, and i asked them can you get recordings of shows, the girl said shed find out,but she never did..

Oh and they should play old phastasm ads -Jack Hs one are classics!- and other things like flopsy the bunny as you say, that many people may have forgotten; even just on the anorak hour some day. A homage to the pirate days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

bring back 2 petes talk rubbish. (well.....i havent been here in ages and i've really lost touch with the phanotm scene so ive no idea if sinister pete is still around). i was listenning to a tape i made of phantom *years* ago and it had 1 pete playing sound effects and the other trying to identify the noise :)

bring back steve conways morning show, even though it must have been a pain in the arse for him to get up that early. twas one of the best shows.

pete reed's sunday evening show....ray mcgowans rock show....rob taylor's sunday afternoon show

and the dj who used to play the song "i'm being followed by the rolling stones"....she played a great show too.

and bring back connor mc queen who just used to slag everything i requested
    and mike morrow!!!!!!

ut seriously.....pete reed, when you've had a chance to relax from all the partying can you let us know some of the things that wil be coming back and what kind of things we can expect and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

thedrowner wrote:
    bring back 2 petes talk rubbish. (well.....i havent been here in ages and i've really lost touch with the phanotm scene so ive no idea if sinister pete is still around). i was listenning to a tape i made of phantom *years* ago and it had 1 pete playing sound effects and the other trying to identify the noise :)

bring back steve conways morning show, even though it must have been a pain in the arse for him to get up that early. twas one of the best shows.

pete reed's sunday evening show....ray mcgowans rock show....rob taylor's sunday afternoon show

and the dj who used to play the song "i'm being followed by the rolling stones"....she played a great show too.

and bring back connor mc queen who just used to slag everything i requested
    and mike morrow!!!!!!

ut seriously.....pete reed, when you've had a chance to relax from all the partying can you let us know some of the things that wil be coming back and what kind of things we can expect and stuff?

Sinister Petes still around and the two Petes talk rubbish will be on a 10PM on Sundays when Phantoms back on air (At least that’s according to the schedule they presented to the BCI). Personally im living in hope that both Amber and Pearl will have a place in the new Phantom schedule, Amber promised to play me PostScript when she came back on air and I intend to hold her to her word!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Sinister Petes still around and the two Petes talk rubbish will be on a 10PM on Sundays when Phantoms back on air (At least that’s according to the schedule they presented to the BCI). Personally im living in hope that both Amber and Pearl will have a place in the new Phantom schedule, Amber promised to play me PostScript when she came back on air and I intend to hold her to her word!

autamata postscript?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

keep media beacon and pearl she is great what new showes do they plan on having. now that their legal will they be bringing out another cd.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

keep everything in every single way identical to how it was before.. but with properly fed DJs, huzzah!!
    any theories for first song played....?

the clash..fought the law.. or maybe hows about the first song that was ever played on the station back in the coast/spectrum days?

Rockiemalt wrote:
    autamata postscript?

Yes. Long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Bring back Alison and Jenny and all the lady dj's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......lady dj's.
    Also i would like spin dizzy back..........and ......eh..........lady dj's again can't have too many lady dj's.
    Oh yeah and the old chatroom the new one sucks!

Yes. Long story.
    wow... ur a songwriter( 2 petes anthem) and an autamata fan.. i wonder what else u do.. do u have wings?

sorry, that sounds really sarcastic but its cause u can't hear my tone of voice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

x minus 1 rocked. i remember having phantomfm on at a party once when the show was on and i got everyone to listen to it, its was brillant. suspense also rocked. mmm R O M A wines.
    what about a new phantom cd?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I want Nana Hyyyyyyland back. I loved her.

Rockiemalt wrote:
    wow... ur a songwriter( 2 petes anthem) and an autamata fan.. i wonder what else u do.. do u have wings?

sorry, that sounds really sarcastic but its cause u can't hear my tone of voice!

No they were removed. Sure they looked cool but they really made car journeys a pain in the rear end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

gotta keep the anorak hour too..great for those sunday lie-ins :)
    and ya gotta get steve conway on...maybe in the evenings,im never up early anymore to listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

bring back steves morning show.... it was the best phantom thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

here's another vote for x minus one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

Get those nut cases from FM104's PLANET X to do a show (remember them?)
    They were class.
    They did a grushie outside the American Embassey for tickets once.

Advertisement