Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Boyne Valley

• 14-11-2004 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why the broadband companies can't put a wireless base station on the boyne cable bridge?

How many people here can see the top of the bridge from their house?

How many of those people would be interested in wireless broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

you need a lot of people to agree to sign up before any company will install a base station. At least 30 businesses or 60 home users but alot of companies are open to suggestion. See below

http://wireless.digiweb.ie/preregister.asp

But maybe the boyne bridge is not high enough for enough people to get line of site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I've already looked into DigiWeb and personally wouldn't deal with them again.

It may just be the bridge isnt high enough to provide service to alot of customers, the lower the basestation the more likeliness for interference so its not good for anyone. Have you enquired with any other company?

Yes, Net1 came out and did a line of sight too.

Their high site is at Mount Oriel, which I don't reckon would be within line of sight for many people in the actual valley.

thats the only two companies i can think of so unless there is some hill with a large eircom mast or something similar you may be out of luck. But if you can generate the interest as i said vote for it with Digiweb its worth a try. dont know boyne valley so am not sure. But i think with either net1 or digiweb the bridge would not work because wireless is line of site and subject to interference so the bridge would prob not be the best

• Advertisement

The boyne cable bridge is 95 meters high btw and is visble for miles around.

What is your relationship with DigiWeb btw? afew of your 93 posts are about Digiweb products?

have wireless with them. net1 available in my area dont know really what theyre like though

god looking at my posts now....wouldnt you might see some other things :o

Advertisement