Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple user accounts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I stand corrected, I'm not getting involved.

John

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

gun.jpg

harsh reckless, harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Take it up with the admins stop hijacking other threads, I am not interested bananayougurt.

this is my last post to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ecksor wrote:
    We don't like people having multiple accounts, but it often arises for fairly innocuous reasons due to lost passwords or e-mail addresses, not realising you can get your name changed, etc etc, so we're not terribly strict about it. What I do get pissed off at (and usually ban people for although didn't in one odd case recently) is people signing up an account to circumvent a ban or a restriction. That tends to get both accounts sanctioned or banned.

I see. I was just wondering what the official word was, but it seems to have ruffled a few more feather than I had intended...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Some people seem to use a 2nd guest account if asking for personal advice etc. Wheres the problem with that. As for reps I don't even look at that so I could care less. I guess you could flag if more than one rep was coming from the same IP. But do people really care that much about them? It would be a problem if people used different usernames in the for sale forums etc.
    i donated 50 squid if that counts,
    I just feel hard done by :(
    The boards isn't always fair. But its just a forum. If its annoying you that much, maybe you should be grateful you don't have more important things to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You don't need a second acocount to post in Personal Issues you just have to log out and then post. It says so in the stickies in the PI forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You don't need a second acocount to post in Personal Issues you just have to log out and then post. It says so in the stickies in the PI forum.

I kinda meant personal posts across the boards, like in work, or business, etc. I don't really venture into the PI board myself. So I didn't know about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

harsh reckless, harsh

personally, i think youre a cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lump wrote:
    Oh this is comedy, I hate people with more then one user name, TBH Boards.ie isn't a democracy and if Ecksor or any of the admins want to ban/disable different aspects of your account they have the right. The only time I think it's unfair is if you are paying a subscription, are you Bananayoghurt?

John

Why should paying a subscription get you extra rights? banana ecksor is a nice guy. Whitewashman, is that cunt in the nice way or cunt in the, "I just minted your pint... again" way?

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    Why should paying a subscription get you extra rights? banana ecksor is a nice guy. Whitewashman, is that cunt in the nice way or cunt in the, "I just minted your pint... again" way?

Because thats what it says on the tin Boston, blogg an all that other stuff,
    usually when you pay your money you expect something in return, i paid 2 or 3 years subscription yet not only don't have member status, but I've got less entitlements than joe bloggs who registers today, and its because I pm'd ecksor song lyrics, i wasted his precious time by making him click on a hyperlink for 2 seconds,
    Lets compare ecksor having to click on a hyperlink reveiling song lyrics posted by banana to banana clicking on a hyperlink reveiling song lyrics posted by DeVore, case A banana gets his account crippled, case B everyone has a good chuckle (yea i did to, im just makin a comparison)

forgive me for not thinking he is a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

CAUSE IT's THE LAW!

John

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You didn't subscribe, you donated, and you donated so that you could crow in a post that it gave you the right to complain. Myself and Cloud spent quite a while figuring out how to not accept that cash because you were being such a ****wit so forgive me if your money entitles you to nothing at all whatsoever. I'm quite happy to arrange for it to be given back to you (in person or via check or postal order or whatever is good for you) if that makes you happy or shut up or **** off or whatever. Otherwise we can put it towards the santa-strike-force where it'll do some good in the world. Just don't pretend that it gives you license to be a twat.

ecksor wrote:
    You didn't subscribe, you donated, and you donated so that you could crow in a post that it gave you the right to complain. Myself and Cloud spent quite a while figuring out how to not accept that cash because you were being such a ****wit so forgive me if your money entitles you to nothing at all whatsoever. I'm quite happy to arrange for it to be given back to you (in person or via check or postal order or whatever is good for you) if that makes you happy or shut up or **** off or whatever. Otherwise we can put it towards the santa-strike-force where it'll do some good in the world. Just don't pretend that it gives you license to be a twat.

how am i being a twat, serious question, how does me pming song lyrics at you and devore posting song lyrics at me differ, an honest answer please

edit, fact of the matter is i simply posted some comments you did not agree with and are hence all huffy and have taken any opportunity ban or hinder this account. As for the money, if you can be so chosey over whether or not to accept, why is there a donate button ?, you mustn't need it :confused:
    also, i do believe you banned me for stating you were childish or the like, could you please ban ecksor for calling me a twat, in fact i've received a lot of personal abuse from this particular user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Omg make it stop, make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

could you please ban ecksor
    :rolleyes: How many times must the levels of power be illustrated to this idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 squirty1

I totally concur, awesome show of power, reminds me of the shock and awe campaign in Iraq, any suggestions for a new username folks ?

On a real note of feedback, I find the PM feature on boards very usefull !

squirty1 wrote:
    I totally concur, awesome show of power, reminds me of the shock and awe campaign in Iraq, any suggestions for a new username folks ?

On a real note of feedback, I find the PM feature on boards very usefull !
    See folks, this is the very personification of why I asked...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh "ban ecksor".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Seems to be an awful lot of over reaction here or am I not seeing the bigger picture?

What can board.ie do about people creating multiple user accounts??? They don't assist you to rectify situations whereby you get locked out of your account. Unltimately they will have duplicate/multiple user accounts, bigger database .. more expensive hosting .. etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 awayINaManger

Seems to be an awful lot of over reaction here or am I not seeing the bigger picture?

you see the whole picture and are quite right, Righteous Indignation is my middle name :eek:

Advertisement