Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open air Shakespeare in Dublin

Options
  • 06-08-2001 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Was handed a leaflet for it in town recently... thought it was worth announcing here.

"A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare - an open air performance, every Saturday and Sunday at 1pm and 5pm - from July 14th to August 26th 2001 - Venue: the Amphitheatre in the Civic Offices in Dublin. (Weather permitting)... (and it's FREE)

Must pop along some weekend myself...

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Excellent Bard! I saw a sign about this but forgot when and where it was on! As you can guess by my name I like this play. Now I'm really new to Dublin so I don't really know where this is on. Is it somewhere near Fishamble (sp?) Street?

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, close to there.

Easiest way to find it:

Go to ChristChurch Cathedral
    < at the end of Dame street, the one with Trinity and the Central bank on it>

Face down the hill along the road that passes under the arch.

Walk down the hill toward the liffey
    <follow the stench>

On your right will be the civic offices (salt and pepper pots).

the amphitheatre is on that side of the buildings, sort of in between the two... you'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

what he said ... smile.gif

and here's the map they have on the little flyer for it..:

MidsummerNightsMap.gif

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Thanks lads! I must head down some time and have a look.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 08-08-2001).]

Advertisement