Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford focus bumper and side skirt

Options
  • 14-11-2004 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

MY lovely focus had a great encounter with a ESB box last night. The rear bumper is smashed in and the side skirt on the left hand side has a great big dent in it. Does anybody have a any clue how much this is going to set me back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

is this aftermarket skirt and bumper or just normal standard kit? What is the color of the car as i know where is one for parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

Everything on the car is stock. The color of the car is dark grey

3dr or 5dr? and r u sure that this is the skirt as it could be actual seal could be damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you could always try a scrap yard for the rear bumper, I dont think the mk2 has a skirt on the side, its part of the chassis. The mk1 skirt can be unscrewed off afaik, and if you find any in the scrap, you could just screw the new one on easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

So how`d that happen, then?

• Advertisement

its a mrk 2 5dr . And as you'll see by the pic its all one piece.

8470.JPG

it ahppen lsat night. I was far to tired to be driving. No drink drugs, etc.
    I had dropped of a freind of mine at his gaf. I drove of and the he reappeared
    from jis drive (he forgot his keys). I put her into reverse. When i went to brake my foot slid off the brake and onto the accelerator. I hit a NTL switch box. The rear bumper smashed into it causing the box the lean over forming a ramp. The rear wheel rolled up the box and then the car came to rest on the box just below the rear door. It was stuck fast so I had to call the gardai and a tow truck

Any ides how much this will cost?

from the picture looks like door needs small repair too, due to the fact that paint has clear over coat, door will have to be resprayed too.

i will check if the other car has required bits.

so would you say that for me to get a new bumper and get that side skirt repaired and get the door knocked out and what ever paint needs doing will come to about a grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Make sure ur mate splits it with ya!

Hope you kept his keys :p

Advertisement