Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stereo modifications for Peug 206

Options
  • 14-11-2004 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experiance of fitting headunits in a 206, the factory fit has a strange fit and the motor factors want 50 yoyo for some modified panel. Obv, this seams a bit steep! Also anyone with a bit of knowledge regarding the addition of a cd headunit to a factory fit stereo. No point messing about with the factory fit if at all possible.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have a Pioneer DEHP8400 fitted in, I didn't have to pay that much extra to get the fitting to go around it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did this on the wifes 206 last year. MotorStore (or one of those chain places) wanted €50 for the surround which looked really tatty. Got one of Peugeot for €11. V. surprising!
    The fitting is easy enough - presumably the radio has instructions for it. Just make sure you have the right permanent live feed for it so that your settings are remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

If you can't get one of the Peugeot dealer as kbannon suggested, you could try here:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=FP0403

Delivery might catch you out though, unless you buy some other bits and pieces to make it worth while. Site is very good value.

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hierro

just rang an arse of a dealer and he said no such part existed. Hate paying over the top for a piece of plastic. Do Peugeot factory fit steroes accept cd unit extensions of am I praying for an easy way out? Not worried about wiring it.

Oh, it does exist!
    I bought the part in Westland Pug in Liffey Valley. I just had to ask for it and got it there and then. It is referred to as an DIN radio surround IIRC.

• Advertisement

WRT this facia adaptor. Is it absolutely necessary? The reason I ask is that I fitted a standard DIN headunit to a Pug 106 a while back. The OEM stereo had a type of 'Parallelogram' shape to it. I thought it might need an adaptor before I took the stereo out, but when I took it out, it was a standard DIN back and new headunit went right in. The adaptor for the 106 seems to just repair the 'cosmetic' damage. It's a long shot, but perhaps the 206 has something similar?

DC.

when a DIN radio goes in there is a space between the edge of the radio and the dash - this part covers that space.

kbannon wrote:
    when a DIN radio goes in there is a space between the edge of the radio and the dash - this part covers that space.

@kbannon - Does the wiring in the 206 require an ISO wiring adaptor to fit a new headunit or can you just plug in the new head unit?

Cheers,

DC.

I would have to check but IIRC any necessary bits and bobs were in the sony box. Will check tomorrow for you.

kbannon wrote:
    I would have to check but IIRC any necessary bits and bobs were in the sony box. Will check tomorrow for you.

Cheers, I'm just going to fit a headunit in a 206, and not sure if a wiring harness is required. I can't seem to find one for the 206. There's only 1 type for the pug here but it doesn't say it's for the 206.

Thanks,

DC.

• Advertisement

All I remember is that everything I needed was within the sony headunit box. I don't recall if any adaptors were necessary (possibly was) but if they were then they werent separate purchases for me (BTW it was not an expensive system!).
    All I do remember is that there are two live wires in and the default way they were connected up was that the radio works fine but does not remember the settings once the car is off. I need to (just havent had time!) take the whole unit back out and swap the two live wires. When i fitted the radio it was getting dark and the last year has been fairly busy that I whatever time I do get for spending in the driveway goes into my own car and not 'er indoors's car!

Ah grand. That sounds like a wiring adaptor is not required so. Cheers!

DC.

I'll go up into the attic when i get home this evening and get the instructions!
    K.

Advertisement