Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Were do you go on a Sunday drive...?

• 14-11-2004 1:57pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am off on abit of a spin later and just want to see if anybody here has any good drives they go on....? :D

I normally go around Howth I love it out there,if I am going out for abit longer I go over to the Sally Gap.

Were do you lot go..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't drive, however I do sometimes like taking a walk somewhere. I don't understand the point of sunday drives, maybe if you are going to see something specific.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Probably down to Glendalough or somewhere like that - that said I don't drive, I've tried but its too scary!

(Bizzirely enough I can fly planes no problem, but driving scares the **** out of me - think its all the other cars on the road!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Dub13 wrote:
    I normally go around Howth I love it out there,if I am going out for abit longer I go over to the Sally Gap.
    Howth's pretty good on a Sunday, but there's normally a rake of OAPs doing around 20MPH, plus people are quite stupid when crossing the road in the main villiage, so you have to be careful.

I sometimes cut across on WindHaven road just to see how the other half live.

But Howth is better on foot, especially the cliff-walk.

But for sheer unbridled panorama, you should drive the coast road from Baldoyle to Malahide through Portmarnock and back again. Great in summer. I can't think of any other drive on the East Coast that beats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

blondie83 wrote:
    (Bizzirely enough I can fly planes no problem, but driving scares the **** out of me - think its all the other cars on the road!)
    They say pilots and priests make the worst car drivers. I can verify the first - ages ago a friend of the family was an ex-Lancaster pilot and was head-pilot in AL. He drove like a maniac, no lane discipline.

Also, watch out for the speed traps around Howth, usually they set up a mile or two on the road to/from the Summit Pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

He drove like a maniac, no lane discipline.
    Expecting the service station tower to clear the way for him?

"... this is your driver speaking, sorry, passengers in the back, we're in a holding position for a few minutes circling this roundabout, as soon as I hear Britney Spears on the radio we'll be cleared to flake the hell off this road and on to the M1. We're currently travelling at 55mph, weather is optimal for driving, in a few minutes, those of you on the right side of the vehicle will be able to see Howth if you look out the window. Stop hitting your sister Mikey! If I have to come back there I'll have to get the wife to take the wheel or we'll crash. Go to the fecking toilet willya and get the stewardess to get me my frigging tea"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I usually bring the dog out to the sugerloaf mountain or surrounding area, it takes about an hour to get there from N.Dublin but I love driving so thats why I go so far.

Advertisement