Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sms with eircom

Options
  • 14-11-2004 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Ok so here's the deal,
    My dad just bought a bt phone for his office in the home. Just found out it has sms on it(he has no interest in it but i wouldn't mind cutting down my mobile bill a bit). On the eircom website they just say that if you have caller id activated on the line you can send and recieve the text messages. When i try and do this it seems that the settings logged into the phone are that of bt in the uk. Any idea on how to fix this i.e. anyone know the settings which eircom use, namely the service centre number thingy!
    Cheers,
    HK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

The fixed network SMS centre numbers are 17409900 (outgoing) and 0818365135 (incoming). These SMSC codes are normally pre-programmed into SMS capable phones purchased in Ireland.

That, and other required info can be accessed here

Best of luck!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Also have a look here

Numbers posted by MrBlack bout a 3rd of the way down the thread worked for me (BT Paragon 500 Phone) :)

Advertisement