Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Storm of Swords, Blood & Gold !!

Options
  • 15-08-2001 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Yes!! Most definitely yes!!

Haven't read that one yet, but the other books in the series are fantastic, the man has a real talent at creating villans. Also he's not left the series get caught up in handy magical acts that can solve several problems at the drop of a hat, as opposed to the wheel of time or the artifacts of power series by Maggie Furey.

I'm getting it tom anyways, and from your opinion of it, it shouldn't be a let down smile.gif

A superb series imo, and and hopefully many more to come smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

0007119550.02.gif.jpeg

After the huge battles of the 2nd volume, the 3rd volume, second part, picks up the fractured kingdom and builds up the tension magnificently, the background of a draining civil war and a greater menace on the horizon and handled with aplomb. Whereas the fantasy elements have been kept to the back up to this point, they begin to poke through in a quiet and sinister way that is not at odds with the construct of the fantasy world. Readers are kept on their toes by Martins refusal to make any one character sacrosanct and indeed a couple of deaths in this volume will leave the reader reeling.

I bought this book on a monday and had it finished on wednesday night/thursday morning! This is the best book in the series so far! I mean it it is now one of my favourite books of all time, and I have a few of those so the standard is high !!

I cant wait to see how it all ends !

A MUST read ! smile.gif

Never look here !!

Advertisement