Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force in Sunday Tribune!

Options
  • 14-11-2004 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This weeks Ethos column by Fergus Cassidy in the business section of the Tribune contains an interview with Dev about the SSF. It should be on line at www.ethos.org from tomorrow.

Cassidy - "So its like a hit and run charity then?" :D

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, nice piece in the end, gets the idea accross and gets the two urls out.
    Papers like to focus on the human side so journalists tend to focus on "The man behind the XYZ" but I was determined to get accross the idea that there are a lot of people doing small bits which make all of this run well.

Now we just have to get people buying (though with the support for the collection so far, 1300 euros in total in), it looks like we might be set for a big year!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

linkie
    Driven demented by agonising attempts to get broadband, I took a long shot last week and sought help from Santa. Well it was either him or Saint Jude.

A couple of days later I got an email back from the North Pole asking me to ring him urgently. Sometimes a press card does come in handy.

As he's probably busy, I was sure he must have had good news. And he did. "I have to tell you about the great help I'm getting this Christmas from some righteous dudes in Ireland", he roared above the din of beavering elves.

"Santa", I enquired, "have you been on the... ?" "No, no, no. Nothing like that. Those good folks at Boards.ie are forming a Santa Strike Force to deliver presents to children in Ireland who need them".

"Strike Force?", I said, "isn't that a bit Gotham City for you Santa?"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

We got varying reactions but personally my favourite was Temple Street Children's hospital in Dublin.

It was the first hospital we hit and to mark the occasion three of us dressed in very convincing Matrix gear. Ankle length black leather coats, shades, boots, the whole nine yards.

When we arrived, the hospital was closed for the staff Christmas party! We couldn't believe it. We went looking for a side entrance and there were two security crash doors (the kind you see doctors barging through on ER).

For dramatic effect we barged through them with four big black canvas sports bags full of toys, games and a TV.

The security guard's face was priceless! We left him surrounded by GameBoys, Harry Potter novels and a PlayStation. .

Ha ha. Absolute classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Nice one! :)

Advertisement