Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(Citroen) Cars & ISO Stereo Connections

Options
  • 14-11-2004 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I got a Pioneer MP3 CD stereo this time last year, and after connectiing it into my Citroen Xsara, the steering controls never operated the unit. They have power cuz they light up when the stereo is on, but can't control the functions.

The Pioneer was to have had a Universal ISO connector. This is the dual blocks of connectors almost all car stereos have for steering wheel/remote controls, and speakers cabling.

But, I can't get them to work on mine. I was told that I can get an adapter for about €90 from Citroen to make it work, but I want to kow if anyone here has any experience modding/rewiring the ISO blocks to get the controls to work so that I DONT have to waste money on something that is supposed to have worked anyway.

The Xsara is a '99, and I am guessing that with the new Xsara from '01 onward, this was rectified.

You often see "Universal ISO Connector Included" whe you see car stereos these days.

Cheers,

Seanie.

Advertisement