Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covens

• 14-11-2004 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know of any covens in Dublin?I've been practicing as a solitaire for a number of years now and would like to join a group.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There were two in Dublin that I knew of that were quite open about their existence, but they both disbanded in the past year.

In general you're more likely to find out about covens by going to the more general Pagan events than asking straight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dee111284

hi, im wondering the same thing, im in wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you tried looking on http://www.witchvox.com/vn/wn/iexx_wn.html ?

Also are you sure that Wicca is what you are looking for ?

There is a wonderful email list which can help you figure out if Wicca is what you are looking for, it's called amber and jet and is a yahoo group.

http://amberandjet.spiralpaths.org/purpose.html
    For the purposes of the Amber and Jet list, the term "Wicca" refers specifically to the lineaged, initiatory mystery religion with roots in the New Forest region of Great Britain, manifested today through various "traditions" all linked with a common ancestry back to the New Forest area. "Wiccans" or "The Wica" are the properly lineaged, properly initiated members of those Traditions.

Also there is a wexford pagan moot,

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_ev.html?a=iexx&id=41238
    Wexford:
    Third Wednesday of the month. 8pm,
    The Westgate Tavern, Wexford Town.
    086-3119660 or info@electricdesign.ie

Attendign that may give you a chance to meet and network with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 diablochild

yeah, i'm in navan in meath....i'm in the process of setting up a coven. interested??

What type coven?
    What tradition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 diablochild

probably eclectic, but i suppose whatever suits the majority :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mrhydeandseek

I am trying to find a group/coven but find it very hard to find anything active. :(

I am trying to find a group/coven but find it very hard to find anything active. :(

I would suggest as you are in dublin that you go do some of the pagan meet ups and get to know people and you might find that a better way to go about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Pagans in the Pub is a good one. It's this Friday as well, there's activity for ya! :D

The dublin pub moot is this thurdays as well, all the the listings for these are in the thread on moots and meet ups.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=255432

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Anybody in mayo

Some groups are public and easy to contact, some are not and the only way to meet people is to network. Be it going to events or getting a possible reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Turquoise1

Yes I agree the best way to find a good Coven is by getting to know other Pagans.

However, the Wexford Pagan Moot, is usually held in The Sky and the Ground nowadays, not the Wesgate Tavern anymore. Its usually on around the third monday of every month.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ollie182

If anyone in the swords area of dublins is interested in meetin up sometime with a few people contact me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Hi I live in wexford town and would like to get invloved in the meetings held in The Sky. Can anyone give me any info on how to go about it if they are still runnning. I sent an email to the listed address and it was returned unsent

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fivehoursofsky

North East anyone? Doesn't seem to be shag all North of Meath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Some just don't advertise or have an online presence, as ever getting out and involved going to events is often the best way to network and find people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fivehoursofsky

Must make more of an effort so...there aren't any events in Louth and I don't drive. Was doing regular fire ceremonies for a while and advertising on FB but not much response. Guess Moses will just have to go to the mountain :-) Can you recommend a good event or two?

Advertisement