Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vrrrm Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm Vrrrrrrrrrrrrm

• 14-11-2004 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Whats that the sound of?

Yes its those head wrecking ejits driving there small crappy car, but still felt the need to stick one of those noise maker on it to make it sound like its going fast.

Guess what muppets, we know your not going fast we think your muppets!

Its like that thing you used to do as a kid, put the card on the fork of your bicycle wheel so it made a cool (from a childs pov) sound when it hit the spokes.

Fine, waste all your money on your car doing it up making it look cheap, but for feck sake, dont put those noise makers on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I always thought that they actually disabled the noise muffler as opposed to adding noise makers, but how and ever I have to agree that 9 out of every 10 times you hear that noise you look only to see some pos car with neon lights that I suppose are MEANT to look kewl. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sharza-

adjodlo wrote:
    I always thought that they actually disabled the noise muffler as opposed to adding noise makers, but how and ever I have to agree that 9 out of every 10 times you hear that noise you look only to see some pos car with neon lights that I suppose are MEANT to look kewl. :confused:

Your probably right, as I have no clue about cars. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Phew, I thought someone was stealing my car outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

SCUMBAGS: is this what you aiming for?? ;)

hairy japanese bastards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The other day in Galway, I espied a vehicle with those stupid ultra-violet lighting strips on the underside. I'd usually smile sadly to myself at this, but the fact that the vehicle in question was a moped caused me to lose control and laugh heartily at the people you can find on this planet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

newband wrote:

Damn that reminds me .... does anyone have a link for that spoof webpage of a guy who bought some rusty old banger and decided to take pixs of how he 'modded' it up by doing things such as drawing on 'go faster stripes' with gloss paint etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

pretty sure that was barryboys.co.uk pigman, 'twas a pisstake by one of the members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pigman II wrote:
    Damn that reminds me .... does anyone have a link for that spoof webpage of a guy who bought some rusty old banger and decided to take pixs of how he 'modded' it up by doing things such as drawing on 'go faster stripes' with gloss paint etc?

This one perchance?

maxpower.jpg

Theres a thread on motors somewhere all about it.

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/mx/index.php?page=2&sid=e3b6a9736352921595a19765f0cee6bf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

nods in agreement...

people who do that are so focking sad.
    And the cars that they mod are usually **** too.
    saxos, fiestas etc.

if i had a car like those i'd save my money to buy a new car and any money i would spend on the piece of **** that i do have would be invested in the car sounding quieter not louder.

btw, where can i buy that car in the pic, i want two....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

We have established on the motors board that it's about making one's car individual rather than making it look like it has more firepower than it really does.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

adjodlo wrote:
    That implies they know enough about cars to that. Many people do, and some of them mod their cars up real nice too but there's always the few muppets who'll go out and by a "sports" exhaust which just sits over the end of the real one and makes it louder.

Advertisement