Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Problem

Options
  • 14-11-2004 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

In the last few days i've noticed my Zen Xtra beeping every few mins. Just a low beep that i can't hear with earphones but i don't remember it doing this before. I also listen to it with speakers so this is how i heard it. It also happens when I'm transferring music to it.

I upgraded the firmware about 2-3 months ago but as far as i know its only started beeping recently. Also sometimes losing its place in the song and restarting it but with the same clock time.

The warranty is up as far as i know, had it just over a year. Is it time to back it up to cd, and prepare for the worst or has anyone else seen this problem and got a solution?

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Does it beep through the headphones/speakers? Or is the beep from the Zen itself?

Mine has restarted the song, but with the same clock time before alright, but only once or twice.

If you think the beep is coming from the hard drive itself, then you should probably back up to be sure.

Try the nomadness.net forums, someone else might have had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Thanks, its definitely the unit thats beeping. I have it beside me now with the speakers turned down. Will check out that forum

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Brian: Once had a Rio Riot which died on me. Stupidily I had removed all the CD's that I had ripped to my PC and so was left with nothing. A long way of telling you that it is alway worth keeping, even tho' it's large, your cache of CDs on your hard drive. You never do know when you might have to re-load! Best of luck from a "now-converted-to" Zen user!

Advertisement