Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cerebus, by Dave Sim

Options
  • 13-08-2001 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Anybody read this?

http://www.cerebus.org

Finest comicbook ever, no question.

More particularly, where's the best place on the web to buy the collected, as Mr Sim has managed to produce a number of other issues since I last dipped in (Reads, I'd say).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

The early episodes is without doubt some of the funniest, most diverse, most brilliantly written in comics. From the first 20 episodes, through High Society (my fave) Church and State, anybody who calls themselves comic fans has to read it. But then Dave Sim fell apart, probably had some kind of nervous breakdown and started some of the most misynogistic (sp ?) diahorrea ever. It left such a nasty taste in the mouth i stopped reading it. Its a pity that will be all he's remembered for, the achievement (and insanity) of writing, alone, 300 issues over 20 plus years is staggering.

Who is The Beefy King ?

Owing to an administrative error, the Pope had been replaced by Lemmy from Moterhead...

[This message has been edited by plastic membrane (edited 19-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I read Cerebus, the first volume, enjoyed it but dunno about best comic ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

"World Without End", featuring Brother Bones was the best comic book ever. imo smile.gif

Advertisement