Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[img] tags

Options
  • 14-11-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've noticed recently that the tags are not working correctly, in some of the threads. For example, when I type
    [img]http://www.real-et.com/railgun/image/dora513.jpg[/img.]

(there's a dot in [/img.] to stop it produing an image, as an example)
    I get a link, not a picture, in some threads.

In this thread its OK;
    dora513.jpg

But in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1945635&postcount=4, (Wolfenstein thread) its not shown as a picture.

Does anyone know the reason, or is it just something that has fallen through the cracks?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

the_syco wrote:

Does anyone know the reason, or is it just something that has fallen through the cracks?

I believe (and i'm very open to correction here) that some forums have the ability to post images disabled! for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

img tags are disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

RuggieBear wrote:
    I believe (and i'm very open to correction here) that some forums have the ability to post images disabled! for whatever reason.

they have been disabled for the 56Krs sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

they have been disabled for the 56Krs sake.
    Yep that would make sense.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Shouldn't it be up to the 56kers to disable images at their end?

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Frankly if you're on dail-up you don't deserve boards!

More seriously I dont see why certain forums allow tags while others don't it should be all or nothing and then as Lump says the user can make the decision.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

some boards have them off for valid reasons ie. AH, humour. it's not [just] for dialup users.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the_syco wrote:
    But in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1945635&postcount=4, (Wolfenstein thread) its not shown as a picture.
    lol, linkie corrupted. :D

In the bottom left of each forum, you will see