Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brusssels

• 15-11-2004 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

hey im off to brussells in 3 weeks (dirt cheap, just going with ryan air and then booking a cheap hotel over the net) with the bird and i just wanted to konw what there is to do and see and any general experiences anyone has had and some info about the transport system and stuff.

And also is there any cheap markets or stuff like that cos it will be near xmas so in want to shop!

And how expensive is it compared to Dublin?

Thanks people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

i enjoyed my trip to brussels no end, if your flying with ryan air, your flying to chorloi(sp please) airport, this is about an hour drive outside the city, however ryan run a shuttle bus, and is the cheapest way to get there and back, it costs ten euro and you cant miss the signs for it, if you do head out and follow the building left to the corner with the multi level car park.

the bus leaves you at the main train station, and goes back from there too, the station side your on the is like the loser side, all the platfroms and ticket desks are about 600m inside the building, follow signs, metro is grand and cheap, you get prepaid card thing (10 trips\ jump i think there called)and get it stamped in an auto stamper machine near the platforms, info desks everywhere if ya need info on trams\buses(same ticket) where you staying?

lousia is the high fashion shopping street, all the expensive shops there, h+m is there all over the place in rogier, if your in rogier check out a place called media mart(biggest computer\electrical shop in the area) all good! get some hot belgin waffles! they the business!

sometimes there is a market in the town square! not sure about dates and times though!

any more questions? enjoy though! its a lovely place but you could see everything in in 3 days!ie small!

tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Yeah it's a nice place.

The parks (no memory of names) near the centre are really nice.
    Can't think of anything else not mentioned above sorry!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just came back frrom brussels there last night
    was at the i love techno festival
    you can get the bus to the train station, which costs 1.80
    train ticket into central brussels(north) costs 12, takes less than an hour to get there
    Now I'm only 20 and I was going to brussels for a techno event and lots of alchol and drugs, but I must say one thing the central place is amazing with all the buildings and churches, you can buy a little book for 2euro in the tourist shop which tells you about the buildings they're so amazing,
    stay away from the irish bars of course cause they see the irish comming and charge 4.50 for a pint of magners, the main central square is quite expensive for food a drink luar away from it to the outskirts and down kind of allays for cheaper restaurants.
    thats all I can say..
    also weather isn't that good was quite cold there yesterday but sunny when the wind blew it would make yea freezing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

It's well worth taking a train to Bruges / Brugge for a day trip. Gorgeous city which is almost identical to how it looked in medieval times. The train is about an hour from Brussels, IIRC.
    Have lots of Chips and Chocolate Waffles - they are the business.

- Gandhi

Advertisement