Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you do with a broken PS2?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

Just wondering what to do with my broken PS2. The dvd drive is fecker'd, its whizzing and whirring real loudly and as of yesterday stopped reading games and DVD's. Pain in the backside as I'll probably have to go buy me a new one. Any idea's? Beside using it as a paperweight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Doorstop.
    Fancy clay pidgeon.
    Handy bit of cash down at the local SvP. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

dcstand.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lol...
    Just buy a new PS2. It's not really economical getting a PS2 console repaired at this stage. And it's an excuse to get the really pretty small one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You could grate cheese with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm firmly in the camp that would use your broken Playstation 2 as a tool for something else.

I.e. you could bludgeon someone, with a working PS2 over the head and voila, problem solved. Old PS2 has a new purpose and you've just acquired a New PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ive broken 2 ps2's ....

i got one "fixed" but even though its fixed it doesnt work properly
    so basically
    get a new one - they can't be properly fixed

theyre not too expensive to buy on their own anyway these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Throw it out the bedroom window and watch it smash. This is how all electronic gadgetry that has stopped working should be disposed of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

hold it in your hands, stand outside a room and wait til somebody opens the door, let the door bang into you, drop the ps2, blame person who opened door. get them to pay for repairs / buy new ps2

that's how I fixed my ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

bring it with you when you go visiting relatives on christmas day.
    theres a fair chance one of there offspring will have recevied a ps2 off the red man
    simply perform the switch when no-ones looking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Chalk wrote:
    bring it with you when you go visiting relatives on christmas day.
    theres a fair chance one of there offspring will have recevied a ps2 off the red man
    simply perform the switch when no-ones looking ;)

Ring up sony and tell them you want a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Go into your local market (assuming you have one) next w/e and sell it as a going concern. If anyone asks why you're selling tell them you want the new slimline but can't justify the spend and that they can have the old one for the princely sum of 50 large. Make sure and wear a hat and maybe forgte to shave until the transaction's been completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

I had a similar problem.

Just open up the PS2 and clean the lens with some alcohol. worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Use it to beat that annoyingly large group of people that live near me and insist that consoles have better graphics than PCs, all the while shouting "I've got your god-damned console right here!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Or you could clean the lens :rolleyes:

Advertisement