Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every Dog has his day

Options
  • 15-11-2004 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Finally managed to win an event in the Fitz after many near misses. Well really it was a three way split but I'm calling it a win as technically I didn't lose :D .

It was in the 50/50 game on Friday gone. We took 1,600 each after about an hour of play between the three of us couldn't sort us out. Blinds were 5/10 K and it was just getting crazy. The final table was some of the most enjoyable poker ever.

I started the night slowly and only really got going when I hit a gutshot on the turn and doubled up against a set. Then amp (pam) sat down to deal and I won six hands in a row. Got moved with two tables left and lost a large chunk of my stack with top two pair QJ on a board of QJ10. I didn't put the raiser on AK and didn't actually think he would be in the hand with K9 as the blinds were 1000/2000 at this stage. Of course he did have K9 and turn or river were no good.

Just when I thought I was going to be leaving early, amp arrives back to deal and within 10 hands I was chip leader. I was a massive chip leader at final table but in the end was happy with the split.

I love this game again !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Well played! Who did you split it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Joe (not o'neill) and John (chinese guy, great player). They play there a bit alright but I don't know their surnames.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Nice one Neil.

Advertisement