Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just another 24 hours to go is everyone feeling a little tingle

Options
  • 15-11-2004 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

So after 6 years in the making, countless disappoinments delays thefts and geneal tom foolery, the day is nearly upon us, the single greatest gaming moment in the history of games, always imitated but never surpassed

HALF LIFE 2 IS OUT TOMORROW

I genuinely have not been as excited about a game since well since the original half life dammit, im actually getting butterflies in my stomach and cant wait to get my dirty liittle mits on this magnum opus of a game.

Roll on tomorrow, roll on the unlock code, roll on the pure orgasmic feeling of victory at last

Days weeks nay years just do not get any better then this

Shin

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Oh, and here was me thinking the next Duke Nukem was out.

Seriously, I have it pre-ordered and will be waiting in line at 9am tomorrow for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Manach wrote:
    Oh, and here was me thinking the next Duke Nukem was out.

Seriously, I have it pre-ordered and will be waiting in line at 9am tomorrow for it.

Think i'll just fall out of bed at 7.55 and turn on STEAM...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

how much does someone want to bet me Hl2 will be crap? so much hype the game is never going to live up to it another doom 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

better be good or hacking Gabes head with a machete!

kdjac

bizmark wrote:
    how much does someone want to bet me Hl2 will be crap? so much hype the game is never going to live up to it another doom 3?

i can't see it living up to it's hype but i'm sure it will be an entertaining game and hopefully it has an ending unlike another big name release of the last few days.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I better get ordering it. Think I'll borrow the dads credit card. And to think I just got all the steam files yesterday. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

have it pro-loaded and payed for on steam i'll get 45 mins of gaming and then . . . to college for boring tedious study.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm now at the mercy of An Post delivering it. Oh bollocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

bizmark wrote:

I bet that if I get that game that my gf will leave me and I'll fail my exams, and thats only if i dont starve to death or die of kidney failure first. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Really, it's out tomorrow? I don't have a tingle, then again I'll be working instead of sitting at home playing computer games like a kid :P

John

Who am I trying to kid!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

really 21 hours left i think tomorow is going to be a bad day for social interaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

None of the shops seem to be going as mad about it as they were with Halo 2-would it be worth my while going into town early, say 8.40-.50 or will it be pre-orders only like with Game and Halo 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

None of the shops seem to be going as mad about it as they were with Halo 2-would it be worth my while going into town early, say 8.40-.50 or will it be pre-orders only like with Game and Halo 2?

I wouldnt mind but i havent seen one mention of a launch party anywhere, grrrr, then again if it doesnt have ps2 or x-box in the title then i guess the gameshops really dont give a rats ass

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Oh God, I've got the tingling alright. My alarm is already set for 7:40am, and I will be seated at my computer with a cup of tea, some nutri-grain bars, and a large bottle of Cherry Coke by 7:55. I will then proceed to don my headphones, restart STEAM, and wait for the big progress bar that says:

UNLOCKING...

The chances are I will not be going to work, and will be pulling a sicky instead. My breaks from the game may extend as far as a phonecall to the boss to tell him I'm sick, but even that may be a step to far out of virtual reality. 20 hours and 44 minutes to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im not gettin it for a while! we got them in work on friday and it feels really cheap! no manual with it just a slip of paper. ill wait for the collectors edition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to get up a 6:45 for college. Won't have time to play it til I get home :(

I would be tempted to sneak off early but I'm not all that excited about HL2. I had the tingle in September of last year. I've grown weary waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Have it pre-ordered, I may just have to go into work late and play for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

bizmark wrote:

I can 100% guarantee that there will be people who will moan about it no matter how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, I have it preodered, ill be up at game at 8am or 9am, whenever they open.

Or, if they doing a midnight opening I may as well go down tonight, but I dont know if they are(I thought I read here that they aint)

Anyway, I dont really have a weird feeling yet, I will once im off college tho and going to bed.

Ye, a day off college is in order for me tomory! :D

[EDIT] and with the mods that are going to be comnig out, and what I have seen of the game, it will NOT be a disappointment AT ALL!

But as the poster above said, there will always be complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Very true amp/pam

anyway ill get a copy tomorrow in game hopefuly it will be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have 0 expectation of it being good, getting it morrow morning hopefully i be surprised (i holding onto that thought) Doom 3 was same expected nowt , got one of the best FPS games ever made.

Pro evo out on friday **** repeatedly over thought of that :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

There are massive differences between it and Doom 3 though. For starters, Doom 3 was a remake of a kill-kill-kill game. Half Life 2 has massive emphasis on the storyline, and we can see from the video releases that it isn't going to disappoint graphically. The only thing is playability and length, but I'm pretty confident its going to be brilliant. If you want evidence, go back and play Half-Life again, and listen to the dialog between the scientists and stuff. By the looks of things, all that stuff and more will be included in HL2... genius.

Out of curiosity, I believe that the other game based on the Source engine, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is out tomorrow aswell. Anyone getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

After reading the "Last hours of HL 2" and if it isn't bs then I think this will be a great game. They seem to have put alot of effort into making it an amazing game and a worthy sequel to Half-life. I hope they did :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have honestly never been more excited about any game apart from Doom 2. It's been a long wait. As to living up to the hype. I would be willing to bet it will live up to it far better than some angelically titled game I could mention. Make a half competent shooter for a console and kids wet their pants. If only they knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Vampire Masquerade 2 Bloodlines is out on friday. It looks like a killer game. Here's hoping I finish HL2 before the weekend.

But yes to answer your question I'll be getting that too. OooOOooh vampires.

koneko wrote:
    Vampire Masquerade 2 Bloodlines is out on friday. It looks like a killer game. Here's hoping I finish HL2 before the weekend.

But yes to answer your question I'll be getting that too. OooOOooh vampires.

I'ts on bittorent sites already....so i've been informed! presume it doesn't have the steam protection thingie that is probably keeping HL2 off those very same sites....

Pro evo out on friday **** repeatedly over thought of that

Down with this sort of thing!

Is masquerade goijgnto be a diablo type game like the first or will it be a FPS?
    I'll probably have to play the first game since Praetorian just started it and keeps telling me how good it is.

I have no expectations of how good HL2 will be. If I do I will only be disappointed. The only games that exceeded my expectations were Metroid Prime and funnily enough Half life 1.

Anyone know if there will be a multiplayer HL2? HL1 deathmatch is still our most played game over lan and my favourite DM game ever. Got bored of CS ages ago.

DOD source should be spanking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I hope it doesn't make me feel sick when I'm playing it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Down with this sort of thing!

Is masquerade goijgnto be a diablo type game like the first or will it be a FPS?
    I'll probably have to play the first game since Praetorian just started it and keeps telling me how good it is.

Well, Redemption (old game) and Bloodlines are only connected in the sense they are both White Wolf ("Vampire the Masquerade: x") franchises. Also, Redemption was a more multiplayer orientated RPG (like NWN), Bloodlines is an action RPG (FPS) like Deux Ex, Thief or Stalker.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Do you reckon my specs will be up to the job?
    PIII 700mhz, 512 RAM and a TNT2 32MB graphics card.
    Sure 1FPS is enough surely?

Advertisement