Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just another 24 hours to go is everyone feeling a little tingle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

delly wrote:
    Do you reckon my specs will be up to the job?
    PIII 700mhz, 512 RAM and a TNT2 32MB graphics card.
    Sure 1FPS is enough surely?

Well, if gaming for you is an audio experience supplemented with a collection of "still" shots in a slideshow, then yes..

Matt

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Matt Simis wrote:
    Well, if gaming for you is an audio experience supplemented with a collection of "still" shots in a slideshow, then yes..

Matt
    Indeed it is, i love slideshows, always reminds me of holidays :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I want to experience this game as it was meant to played so I'm not going to get this game until I have a decent rig. Actually I have a decent rig but I've been planning on getting an AMD64 for ages. Once I have one, I'll buy FarCry, Doom3, Half-Life2, CoD exapansion... (not in that order) that'll keep me busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Bah people copying my sig :p

still wondering if ill bother buying this game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

delly wrote:
    Do you reckon my specs will be up to the job?
    PIII 700mhz, 512 RAM and a TNT2 32MB graphics card.
    Sure 1FPS is enough surely?

Sure you can get an AMD64 emulator and a 9800 pro emulator and a gig of ram emulator and run it off your rig grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

bizmark wrote:
    Bah people copying my sig :p

still wondering if ill bother buying this game tomorrow

bah what do you mean still wondering, if just one person comes on tomorrow and says this isnt the best game since oh i dunno forever, ill personally go round and hit them with wet kippers and a kebab

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Does anyone else feel like its Christmas Eve?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ho ho ho !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

AHHHHHHHH!!!! I have to wait till dec 3rd to get this game cause my gf is buying it for me for my bday!!! Its gonna be a long 2 & a bit weeks of waiting, trying not to read spoilers..etc etc..*sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Deadwing wrote:
    AHHHHHHHH!!!! I have to wait till dec 3rd to get this game cause my gf is buying it for me for my bday!!! Its gonna be a long 2 & a bit weeks of waiting, trying not to read spoilers..etc etc..*sniff*

Tough Break!
    i don't think i'd have the will power not to look under these spoiler tag thingies
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well my copy was sent off today from play, but god knows when it'll get to me... The post seems to be well screwy these days altogether. Anyone know if there's anything up with the auld posties?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mr_angry wrote:
    Does anyone else feel like its Christmas Eve?
    it feels like it's christmas eve and someone got me the olsen twins and a massive retirement fund, so I never need to work again (not that I'd even be able to even walk if someone had gotten me the olsen twins, but there you go).

got a call from some lad at game to tell me my copy would be in from 1st thing in the morning.

and there I was getting sting tickets for the girlfriend for tomorrow night. damn i knew I'd live to regret that!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Was going to get it in Game tomorrow but they don't have the silver version in my local branch so I'm downloading it now via Steam. $72 works out at €55 same as retail but I can at least play the original half life on the new engine when its released soon - plus I can download the entire valve back catalog too but not too botheread about that really.

30% downloaded so far and I started 4 hours ago on a broadband connection. Hopefully will be fully downloaded by 10am tomorrow. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Just finished the preload a few hours ago. Started 4 days ago, but the servers seem to be very fast today. Probably knew there was going to be a lot of late shoppers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Do yea think I'll be able to get it in shops without a pre-order ? How much will it be in shops ?

-GTA:SA
    -Halo 2
    -Vampires
    -Pro Evo 4
    -World Of Warcraft
    -Everquest 2
    -Metroid Prime 2
    -Paper Mario 2
    -The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    -Grand Theft Auto Advance

Has there ever been a better month for games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tusky wrote:
    Do yea think I'll be able to get it in shops without a pre-order ? How much will it be in shops ?

-GTA:SA
    -Halo 2
    -Vampires
    -Pro Evo 4
    -World Of Warcraft
    -Everquest 2
    -Metroid Prime 2
    -Paper Mario 2
    -The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    -Grand Theft Auto Advance

Has there ever been a better month for games ?

How do you get out of your house? :/

But seriously...Pro Evo 4 is the one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Only reason id buy hl2 is for the multiplayer, seeing as theres no dm and cs:s/dod are ****e i won't be paying for it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tusky wrote:
    you should be okay i haven't booked it and i'm getting it in smyths in bray tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I feel a tongle but it is possible it is a result of my ulcer :-D Will be playing it tonight when I return from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Only reason id buy hl2 is for the multiplayer, seeing as theres no dm and cs:s/dod are ****e i won't be paying for it anytime soon.
    There should be a standard DM mod within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

leaving for this in about 10mins with ciaran500 :D

let the good times roll!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't the least bit excited about this game until I paid for it last night. Can't wait to play it. Unfortunately I'm stuck in college. Just saw an e-mail from steam telling me I can play it now. Not until about 7 for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Shiat, it's on my desk... It's taunting me. Play me, play me.

I want to, hon, but I can't, I'm in work!
    Ah gwan.
    No!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko wrote:
    Shiat, it's on my desk... It's taunting me. Play me, play me.

I want to, hon, but I can't, I'm in work!
    Ah gwan.
    No!
    Do it!

(I may have a headcrab attached making me do things)

Eat the pudding Eat the pudding Eat the pudding Eat the pudding Eat the pudding ...

My headcrab is making me eat poptarts and drink soda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Finally.

Just like the Thing gives us all a great retort to people who insist "All remakes are shit", Half Life 2 gives us all a great retort to those incredulous assholes who insist "Nothing can live up to the hype".

Half Life 2 lives up to the hype, and exceeds it. So far, I haven't even started playing the game, I've just been wandering around checking out all the little extra details that no magazine mentioned, like the glass effects on top of the gates and... oh my.

I'm curious to see what Half Life: Source looks like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko wrote:
    My headcrab is making me eat poptarts and drink soda
    Funland here I come!

Aah, it's great when other people "get" Penny Arcade.
    I quote it in work and people look at me funny.

like i have some sort of headcrab or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

OMG, its on my desk, well its in my DVD drive :D

no progress bar so I dont know how long left! its killing me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My own copy, which I got at Smyths today, 9.01 am, is sitting proudly on my cube wall, for all to see and think to themselves "God, what a nerd" :) .

Advertisement