Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Mp3's to minidisk

Options
  • 25-03-1999 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have 1 or 2 mp3's which are backups for my badly damaged CD collection. Aparently CDs are not fire resistant.

Ok, what I want to do is record my mp3 backups onto Minidisc. I have a Sound Blaster live and bascily I don't have a clue. smile.gif

If anyone knows, or knows anyone who has done this before, could you please get back to me

Cheers
    bubbles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

simple method..
    connect the audio output lead from your sound card to the auxiliary audio input of your minidisc recorder.
    run winamp or something on your computer, and press record on the minidisc recorder while playing back the mp3 smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

You can do it but you wont get digital quality because the soudcard does the DAC (Digital Analogue Conversion).But you can still record onto minidisc if you buy cable with a stereo jack both ends (Assuming you are going from PC to MiniDiscMan that records) and do a direct play/record.
    OR!!!
    You could Decompress the MP3's and Burn them Onto CD then Digitally record them (But that sorta defeats the purpose of what you want Huh?)
    To do a digital recording onto a portable MiniDiscMan you need an 'Optical Connection' on your stereo.Other wise its Digital to analogue to Digital and the quality suffers. not an amazing amount mind you, It'll prolly still sound good. But a Guru would complain and moan about it!
    Anyway, Hope that answers your Question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

If you bought the full SB Live (ie not value), you can by an extra add-on IO card (in addition to the midi IO card) that has optical connectors. If your Minidisc recorder has optical-in (like the Sony MZ-R50 and a few others) then you're a happy puppy.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

But you can still record onto minidisc if you buy cable with a stereo jack both ends (Assuming you are going from PC to MiniDiscMan that records) and do a direct play/record.

Isnt that the same as what i said??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Jaysus you all talk a load a bollix
    as koopa said
    rip out the mini-jack connector that goes from the back of your sound card to ur speakers put the end that goes into speakers the line in on the minidisc unless ur a complete tosser and u have a playback only one
    smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement