Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teeth Whitening

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poirot

joejoem wrote: »
    It will cost you about €400, the dentist takes a mould of your teeth and then gives you a gum shield type thing with these special gels that you put in your gum shield and wear at night. Makes a big difference. Had it done a few months ago and people allways compliment them now. If that hasnt made a huge difference you can do a "Power boost" which is done in the dentist, same Idea but 40 mins intensive in the dentists chair. better immediate results but can fade away after a while. Thats about €200

Don't pay €400!! There are much more options around now.
    My wife used Dr. George teeth whitening gel and it has worked really well for her...so much so that I started to use her supply too....
    She got it from www.teeth-whitening4u.eu for 29 Euros.
    It has 15% carbamide, which is identical to what the dentists use.
    Beware of buying a higher concentrate carbamide % as it may damage your teeth over the long term.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Poirot wrote: »
    Don't pay €400!! There are much more options around now.
    My wife used Dr. George teeth whitening gel and it has worked really well for her...so much so that I started to use her supply too....
    She got it from www.teeth-whitening4u.eu for 29 Euros.
    It has 15% carbamide, which is identical to what the dentists use.
    Beware of buying a higher concentrate carbamide % as it may damage your teeth over the long term.
    Good Luck

The post you quoted is 5 years old. JoeJoem's teeth are probably sitting in a glass beside his bed by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

dear God. if you get your teeth whitened at home you could be asking for trouble. you need to get them checked first. getting a check up and clean at the dentist is free by PRSI contributions (you have to have been working for 5 years, check yourself about if you're a student). but if you get bleaching done at home and you've a cavity you didn't know about, then God help you.

as for whitening toothpastes, they work by the abrasive content in them. all toothpastes have abrasive silica to clean, but smoker's and whitening toothpaste have bigger particles. the whitening effect takes months. normally 18 months compared to what bleaching will do.

and whatever you do, go to a regular dentist, not one of those special clinics!! they're way more into selling a product..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deise4ever

Teeth gone brownish due to age even though they are in excellent condition - get checked every 6 months. Asked dentist for advice. He said peroxide with trays and gels and quoted €600. Phoned Dental Clinic and they quoted €250 for trays and gels. Could any dentist let me know what is the difference please?

Advertisement