Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus: Jupiter Incident [thumbs up!]

Options
  • 15-11-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

[Large Scale Strategy Space Warfare game]

Just wanted to say its excellent, graphics are top notch, story surprisingly good (after reading Eurogamer review), overall presentation and attention to detail excellent. Nice and difficult too as you dont directly control your ships (in the normal sense) and the game features pseudo Newtonian physics (the ships have engines on the front and back of the hulls and seem to suffer inertia!). Its like each ship has its own Captain and crew, you actually feel there is some reasoning behind their actions. Its detractors claim its too difficult and fiddly, but once you get over the first 3 missions, its pretty straight forward.

If you like the "expansion" for Homeworld (Cataclysm) which had more focus on capital ship combat, then you will love this. Consider it the Rome: Total War of space..

Its quite likely Ill finish this before moving on to a certain high profile game set to be released tomorrow :D !

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Loved the first demo that came out ages ago and the latest demo as well was brill.... But the only complaint from the demos I had was that because everything happens so slowly in the game its hard to know if an order u have given is actually taking place. For example getting one ship to stop heading in one direction and turn around to engage an enemy takes what? a minute to do at least in which time if your busy with other **** means u easily lose track of the situation but thats only a minor complaint and I'll be buying this game I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Loved the first demo that came out ages ago and the latest demo as well was brill.... But the only complaint from the demos I had was that because everything happens so slowly in the game its hard to know if an order u have given is actually taking place. For example getting one ship to stop heading in one direction and turn around to engage an enemy takes what? a minute to do at least in which time if your busy with other **** means u easily lose track of the situation but thats only a minor complaint and I'll be buying this game I will.

Yeah, although you can pause to check if the current order is being carried out (it light up on order bar), the speed of some sections really drags, could do with time compression. At least it allows you to save anytime I suppose.

Btw, Canis Lupus used to be my gaming nick ages back!

Matt

Advertisement