Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about CD burning.

Options
  • 25-03-1999 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Zero, if anything said here sounds even slightly ileagal feel free to rip down this message.

Well, in about 2 weeks I will be getting a new PC with a CD burner (and a spare CD drive) and I just have a quick Q.

Will the burner more then likely have software for copying audio CDs.

Will it just run so that through some black magic the freshly burned CD will work exactly the same as the original as in you just pop it in a normal CD player and it will play as normal with all the proper track seperations?

(This is of course simply for backup purposes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep should be exactly the same providing you have a program that does disk at once mode.

If it does track at once mode it may leave a 2 second gap between songs.

You can also make CDs from MP3s (uncopyrighted ones of course!). Tutorial later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The MP3 thing cloud suggested I've done with with Zip disks.

Put your MP3's into a directory, create a playlist file and stick it in there too. Now create an AUTORUN.INF file and link it to the playlist, create your CD (in my case the zip disk was done). Now when you put it in the drive it autolaunches the playlist which should (providing your player is any good) launch the player.

Sorry if this don't make sense to anyone, I'm recalling this from memory and I can't recall the syntax in the AUTORUN.INF offhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

hobbes i assume you mean to use it in a pc. tis easy to do them for a normal cd player too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Helg

If you've any interest in dance music or mixing get that thing Cloud mentioned (DAO if memory serves me correctly) as any mix CD will be totally screwed if there's a 2 sec. gap - just something I was advised on.

Bri.

Advertisement